[Football] World Cup - The Final ….. finally.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
One minute head of FIFA said best world cup ever than said wants to increase number of sides I think by 12. Why just means more meaningless games, Greed

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
One minute head of FIFA said best world cup ever than said wants to increase number of sides I think by 12. Why just means more meaningless games, Greed
Increasing to 48 teams in 2026. FIFA were going to have 16 groups of 3, which would make it the worst and most corrupt World Cup ever, but they are re-thinking that little gem.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Couple more snippets

and leaving on the victory bus

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Increasing to 48 teams in 2026. FIFA were going to have 16 groups of 3, which would make it the worst and most corrupt World Cup ever, but they are re-thinking that little gem.
Seems they can have two options, 12 groups of 4 with the top 2 going through plus best 8 third place so that you have one extra round (of 32) or 12 groups of 4 and only the top team goes through plus the best 4 second place teams.

Personally they should leave it as it is.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seems they can have two options, 12 groups of 4 with the top 2 going through plus best 8 third place so that you have one extra round (of 32) or 12 groups of 4 and only the top team goes through plus the best 4 second place teams.

All of the options are shite but both of the above are better than groups of 3

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

It will be the first option you suggested imho. Extra round of 32.

They want to get more Asian teams in as its big money. Maybe it would be nice for China/Thailand etc to make it, but they're just going to be group stage whipping boys.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All of the options are shite but both of the above are better than groups of 3
I know that on World Cup Final day, folk such as yourself find it difficult, especially at during the presentation ceremony.

Not to worry - I was looking out for you buddy! Think of this one instead!

353ACE08-3C77-4E59-9F65-69AE8698BE2A.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know that on World Cup Final day, folk such as yourself find it difficult, especially at during the presentation ceremony.

Not to worry - I was looking out for you buddy! Think of this one instead!

View attachment 154859
I don't see the immediate connection between being against groups of 3 in the World Cup and theories about "flat earth" but you do you

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The first round of group games were pretty dull, most of the round of 16 were not really a great watch either.

The Argentina Semi was dull.

It was an OK World Cup with an amazing final
Amazing from the 79th minute on. It was a bit one-sided and pedestrian up till then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports