Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women's FA Cup Semifinal against Man Utd confirmed for Saturday 15th April

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just unbelievable,If I was one of lovely ladies the way they've been dealt a shit hand regarding ground and date it would fire me up like nothing else, the ground is basically a borough of Manchester and will be rammed to the rafters with home fans,we would be underdogs if we were at home but the wise old owls at the FA think it'll be much better trying making sure Utd get through for their own agenda .

Not going to Chelsea anyway but if I was I'd bin it and go to Manchester sorry I mean Leigh Stadium.

Come on ladies stick the FA faces straight in their greed cake,wankers.

*I stand with Ukraine

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit annoyed its up there tbh. My daughter and I have tickets for the final through her junior team and i was hoping that the Albion would be there. Looks extremely unlikely now.
Not sure the venue has much bearing on BHA's chances to be honest.......

Leigh Valley is about the same size as Bournemouth's stadium - interesting to see how full it gets (Man U brought quite a few to Lewes for the QF tbf)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Not sure the venue has much bearing on BHA's chances to be honest.......

Leigh Valley is about the same size as Bournemouth's stadium - interesting to see how full it gets (Man U brought quite a few to Lewes for the QF tbf)
But how many of those were from Sussex?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Albion Women will need to get their form together quickly.

0-4 defeat yesterday to United and Leicester's win today leaves them bottom of the WSL.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know the women get smallish crowds generally but would have been interesting to see what kind of crowd this would get at the Amex. Think it might have really caught on as a cheap good family day out and perfect warm up for Wembley - more so than in Manchester, where it’s not such a novelty.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lewes/Brighton derby looming next season :thumbsup:
Yes that looks likely which is really odd, loads of investment off the pitch very little it appears on it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes that looks likely which is really odd, loads of investment off the pitch very little it appears on it.
Lots of coverage on the Albion website/App/programme, etc plus player posters outside the Amex, etc, etc that in my mind should be earned through success on the pitch. Their SF is getting almost as much coverage/profile as the men’s. There is no comparison.

And people talk of equal wages…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All a bit odd. Can’t see Tony letting things stay like this for long.
Last season I watched, on the computer, a lot of the women's games, they are unwatchable this season, they are awful.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last season I watched, on the computer, a lot of the women's games, they are unwatchable this season, they are awful.
I haven’t watched many as I follow Lewes Women….from what I have seen though there isn’t an awful lot between them (which is pretty damning of Brighton as there usually a gulf between even the lower levels of the WSL and the championship)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All a bit odd. Can’t see Tony letting things stay like this for long.
It’ll be interesting to see what TB does. He is a great supporter of men’s, ladies, youth, AITC, disabled and all other groups and encourages their football BUT he is a shrewd businessman and will not plough endless amounts of money into something without seeing a return, or progress at least.
Relegation will see a big fall in the crowds for ladies matches, but in what is local/conference standard

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Any club could currently buy their way into the WSL top 5 and Europe if top 3 with a couple of million invested on the pitch.

A world record bid of £400k was enough for Barcelona to buy Lioness Keira Walsh in September 2022.

We're not talking mega money here. But then again, it's not my money!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’ll be interesting to see what TB does. He is a great supporter of men’s, ladies, youth, AITC, disabled and all other groups and encourages their football BUT he is a shrewd businessman and will not plough endless amounts of money into something without seeing a return, or progress at least.
Relegation will see a big fall in the crowds for ladies matches, but in what is local/conference standard
Pointless comparing standards with the men’s game…..don’t start that debate again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pointless comparing standards with the men’s game…..don’t start that debate again.
I’ll start a debate if I want to,,,, my point was that relegation will move the ladies into a much lower standard 😀

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indeed, this could be a blip in the development of the women's team. Given the exposure of women's football currently now is the time to grab it, meanwhile we're going the opposite way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes in terms of results, but not in terms of opposition and venues. From Arsenal/Chelsea/Man City, Man Utd to…… erm Lewes
I was thinking in terms of performances. At least they’ll get Palace games in the Championship (on a 4G pitch in Bromley - clubhouse is way better than Crawley though 😂). In terms of venues Sheffield United play all their home games at Bramall Lane, and Sunderland use the Stadium of Light regularly. Brighton don’t play many of their games at men’s PL grounds now anyway so the Championship won’t be much different from that perspective. The Pan is a much better place to watch than Crawley (and has a better pitch) IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here