Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will It Eventually Click ? .

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Andone might be the answer but the chances are he isn't. We don't know when he'll be fit or if he'll do any better if he was. With just a couple of days to go a tough decision or two needs to be made. A buy or a loan to buy to freshen up the one area which has needed it all season. Maupay is no world beater but he's decent enough. Welbeck decent enough. Connolly/Zeqiri need to go out on loan and someone else needs to come in. We might need to lose a player we'd rather keep to balance the books but we need a goalscorer. I think we have enough to stay up but it shouldn't even be arguable we should be comfortably mid table but until we score the goals we should from the chances we create we will always be looking over our shoulder.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I look to other teams like Arsenal and think it has to. After beating Chelsea they have 5 wins and a draw out of 6 games. That’s Like night and day.

They were also waiting for it to click. They were clearly working towards something. They had a clear vision. And that vision is blossoming into reality.

I also look at the stats and believe, over the long term, it has to click.

I also find it interesting that it doesn’t really matter who we play we can dominate large parts of the match whether it’s possession or xG. I think we need to win against one of the big sides. We can do it.

And I think we need either a little luck or some personnel changes up front.
Again, look at Arsenal with Smith-Rowe and Saka. Can we unlock Zeqiri’s potential? Can Tau settle in and do what Trossard can’t? Can Trossard get a bit of luck (I’ve never seen a player hit the bar so much...)?

Can we get Lamptey back?

(also I prefer White in midfield for a number of reasons - but I’ll get flack for that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How would you measure "striker coaching record"?

Someone whose team had a terrigle xG to Goals ratio when they joined, but an improved one later once the manager has had time to work with them. One whose strikers have credited that manager with improving their goalscoring. Probably others if I really put thought into it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We're like Arsenal invincibles but the opposite..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Well I've been reading the lickers posting on here for about three years now saying "sooner or later we are going to put a hat full past somebody" and it hasn't happened yet.

I just think some people are fantasists and like to kid themselves. I'm more of a realist and have already accepted we'll probably get relegated this season. Anything better will be a massive bonus in my eyes.

I may be a licker but i did not realise Potter had been in charge and we had been playing this brand of football for 3 years now.

How time flies!!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It could click. Burnley scored 3 last night; where did that suddenly come from? Dyche must have been very worried that the previously unnecessary message of don't over celebrate might have been forgotten. I have been critical of Maupay (shoots when should pass; passes when should shoot) but a couple of goals and it could all change. On balance, I think luck has been against us too in the important games with relegation pack.

The foundations are coming together - two clean sheets in a row are a minor reason to celebrate - so KTF.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ultimately we’ve been saying the same thing since September, and now it’s almost February.

Jul 7, 2003
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

The infinite Albion theorem states that a striker hitting shots in the penalty box for an infinite amount of time will almost surely score eventually (before being given offside after a VAR check)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

The infinite Albion theorem states that a striker hitting shots in the penalty box for an infinite amount of time will almost surely score eventually
(before being given offside after a VAR check)

After the final whistle!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I think our best front three is Lallana, Wellbeck, and Connolly. And our most dangerous player from the back eight is Lamptey. As all four are out injured no wonder we are struggling to score.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
After the final whistle!

No, Thats Manure.

Most oif us will be dead before it cluicks at the current rate of progress.

Although to be fair, if the front line progresses from here at the same rate as defence did earlier in the season, we should score more than the opposition before the end of the season

being optimistic, we drew with Liverpool, and they beat Spuds 3-1 . . . so we could be in luck on Sunday. Especially with bullyboy-cheat broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here