Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why No Transfer Window For Managers?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Not a post on if GP goes or not, but why can a team go after another team's manager during the season. If a player is injured or even sacked you can't buy another player during the season. Why does the transfer window not apply to managers as well? If Chelsea want to sack their manager that is up to them but should they not be forced to promote from within or go for an out of contract one like Pochettino. Why should a rich team be able to spoil another teams season.Let's face it compensation is peanuts compared to buying a player and not that helpful.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
At one time FIFA put forward arguments that the transfer window would also apply to managers meaning they could only switch clubs within the two designated periods in the season. However, this proposal has never been adopted meaning that football managers are free to move between clubs at any point throughout the football season.

Summat to do with employment laws I guess. I wouldn’t like being told I couldn’t leave my job. Not sure how they get around it on the players perspective though…

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
involves wider question of why managers arent registered, or difference between managers and coaches, etc.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At one time FIFA put forward arguments that the transfer window would also apply to managers meaning they could only switch clubs within the two designated periods in the season. However, this proposal has never been adopted meaning that football managers are free to move between clubs at any point throughout the football season.

Summat to do with employment laws I guess. I wouldn’t like being told I couldn’t leave my job. Not sure how they get around it on the players perspective though…

I imagine it is to try to make a more sporting chance for everyone. Although the days when football was relatively sporting are long gone sadly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just need to follow La Liga and if you sack a manager mid season, you can only then appoint one who is out of work already. A transfer window where you can only get rid of and appoint managers in certain months just wouldn't work, it's a totally different situation to players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here