Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no Lita - again?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Interesting that the OP was about Andrews ahead of Lita, and the thread has been dominated by Barnes v Lita. I think OG's assertion that Ince had cramp and a knock explains why it was Andrews - he was the most similar player to Ince that remained on the bench. That said, like many, I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping for Lita. I think if Ince could have continued Lita would have come on for Conway, and Barnes would have moved out wide.

Makes sense

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hate this one upfront NONSENSE. With the two quality balls Conway put in the second half if we had two strikers they would have been GOALS. Lita AND Barnes. There.

Great idea - except our midfield probably would've been overrun and we could've conceded a couple more easily. Almost every team plays 451/433 nowadays.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Great idea - except our midfield probably would've been overrun and we could've conceded a couple more easily. Almost every team plays 451/433 nowadays.

Agreed.

Trouble is you take a gamble late in the game. One you should take, as you have the prospect of winning two points against losing one. Unless of course you are playing against a promotion rival and don't want them getting a 6-pointer on you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed.

Trouble is you take a gamble late in the game. One you should take, as you have the prospect of winning two points against losing one. Unless of course you are playing against a promotion rival and don't want them getting a 6-pointer on you.

Do you not think there's value in keeping the unbeaten run going though?

I was surprised to see Andrews come on though I have to say, and it did seem defensive by Oscar's standards.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I hate this one upfront NONSENSE. With the two quality balls Conway put in the second half if we had two strikers they would have been GOALS. Lita AND Barnes. There.

That might be a valid point if everyone had one role each in the side.

As it is, everyone - bar PIG - has several, including midfielders who, when the moment is right, become forwards.

That's why Crofts has the tally he has.

Jimmy Grimble

Do you not think there's value in keeping the unbeaten run going though?

I was surprised to see Andrews come on though I have to say, and it did seem defensive by Oscar's standards.

I think (hope as well) that Andrews did not perform the role Oscar wanted him to when he came on. Sat far too deep compared to where Ince had been in the second half. It was part the reason we lost the momentum and high-pressing we had for 20 minutes or so before hand.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
It was crying out for him to be the 3rd sub as we were on top and had the momentum. Instead, he brings on Julie and we settle for a point. They were there for the taking and we let them off. Lita must be so hacked off, 0 minutes game time in the last 2. Proven striker at this level and he must feel we're mugging him off.

Not good enough - end of!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You sir may possible win an award for the most sensible thing said on NSC in 2013.

My opinion is we started the correct shape but should have switched to Barnes and Lita on 65ish minutes

Although Conway would have been a prime contender to be substituted has Lita been brought on.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Both Oscar and Poyet rate Barnes, so either they don't know anything about football or the Barnes haters are wrong. Which is it?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think we may have seen the last of Lita to be honest. I would have liked to seen him get on at Bournemouth but I'm pretty sure he won't extend his loan if he's never going to play. Shame as I thought he could do a job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here