[NSC] Why Is My Post Count Going Down & Not Up?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For a rather dull reason, I ran an update script yesterday that re-calculated everyone's post counts to reflect the actual number of posts currently live on the site.

So, if you'd previously posted on a thread which was subsequently deleted taking your post(s) with it, your post count would have been higher than the actual number of posts that remained.

Now, it will be accurate again and will increment by one each time you submit a new post.

@PPF in single figures then ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
FFS, just had T-Shirts printed, bunting ordered and invitations issued for my 27,000th post party, and now I'm having to cancel and disappoint everyone.

What next, post numbers recalculated each year, based on number of years being a member, average number pf posts, minus the unpublished Bozza factor which is a random item which just kicks in when he can be bothered to use it.

BOO

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was hoping it was removing all the "let's count to 500,000" posts, that would amuse me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For a rather dull reason, I ran an update script yesterday that re-calculated everyone's post counts to reflect the actual number of posts currently live on the site.

So, if you'd previously posted on a thread which was subsequently deleted taking your post(s) with it, your post count would have been higher than the actual number of posts that remained.

Now, it will be accurate again and will increment by one each time you submit a new post.

I was at the point of asking you to delete my user name and all my posts. I was just drafting my “I’m out of here look at me” thread as someone disagreed with one of my posts yesterday.

Sounds like a lot of hassle for you though so I’ll reluctantly stick around and put the person who disagreed with me on ignore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports