Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Why are so many Lay-bys coned off?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is there a new H&S issue with Lay-bys? You see so many coned off with closure notices until 5 Jan '23? Just seems very odd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sobvious innit? Germans put beach towels on the sunbeds they want to use later. Other people [word I mustn't use, although NSC seems to consider it OK to use when referring to Crystal Palace fans] put out cones on lay-bys (need somewhere to park up for Christmas, presumably). :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never read anything too quickly. I saw 'labias'.

My bad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sobvious innit? Germans put beach towels on the sunbeds they want to use later. Other people [word I mustn't use, although NSC seems to consider it OK to use when referring to Crystal Palace fans] put out cones on lay-bys (need somewhere to park up for Christmas, presumably). :wink:
I think you may be right but time will tell.

We need to start a Neighbourhood Coned Watch.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think its to do with any roadworks comming up. Most closed lay bys where roadworks are used to keep machinery overnight.
Feck me, I hope not. It's a bloody nightmare driving around Shoreham/Worthing/Brighton area at the moment. Dont need more of them.

Was just thinking today as I was sat in todays 4th set of traffic roadworks, there is soooooo much traffic on the roads. I miss the good old WFH days so I can drive around without all the other idjits on the road (being a tradesman, WHF isnt an option).

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Lots coned off around our area (Wharfe Valley, W Yorks) over the last few months with huge piles of chippings ready for road resurfacing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here