Who still thinks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
We will still go up. I for one still reckon we can. The moneys only just landed in the bank and Steve's already got Ben Roberts. Have faith lads I believe Steve's going to be busy in the next week.

Remember Our excellent away support is sometimes worth a goal and I'm sure are replacement for Bobby will be announced soon.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seagulls over Lewes said:
Remember Our excellent away support is sometimes worth a goal.

Us fans will be the top scorers next season then unless we sign 2 or 3 decent strikers :lolol:

Seagulls over Lewes said:
We will still go up. I for one still reckon we can. The moneys only just landed in the bank and Steve's already got Ben Roberts. Have faith lads I believe Steve's going to be busy in the next week.

Remember Our excellent away support is sometimes worth a goal and I'm sure are replacement for Bobby will be announced soon.

At the moment "our excellent away support" is going to be top goalscorer next season:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Steve has got them lined up. It is so obvious that he was waiting for the Zamora deal to go through as Roberts has been announced within hours

We'll be fine

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
hopefully you will go back as you have a good enough squad .

if u want a replacement for zamora , why not get norwich's alex notman? cant score and would be suited to division 2 footie where he could.........

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good point Juan.

Let's get real. If Bobby had busted his leg in the first month of the season we'd have been stuck in mid-table all year.

It's a pain he's gone, but this is the chance to get some more balance in a squad that's relied too heavily on him for three seasons. I'm not knocking any of the other lads - just saying we've only had one decent striker for three years!! This is a good opportunity - that's the silver lining .

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
But how much money are we going to be able to spend?

50,000?
100,000?
500,000?

I predict we'll only be able to get free transfers.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probaby. But there should be some good ones about. And we've a manager who carries enough respect with players that we can attract the better ones.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We had one striker punching above his weight in his non-injured, non-sulking games last season. This season, as things stand, we got Jack Shit up front - odds of 25/1 to win Div.2 at this moment in time would be a fair assessment.

Moment to savour really, one of these REALLY LOW Albion moments just before we pull a rabbit out the hat.

Sign Tony Rougier tomorrow and LIFE IS SWEET once more :clap:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
But how much money are we going to be able to spend?

50,000?
100,000?
500,000?

I predict we'll only be able to get free transfers.

I don't think it is so much about transfer fees in div 2. I think a lot is about paying wages. We have given Bobby a new contract every year, haven't we, so I suspect we have freed up a large amount of wages by his departure. Most players coming in don't care how much they are transferred for but they do care how much we can pay them each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports