Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhiteHawk FC !.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why Build at 30,000 Stadium when the average crowds were less the 10k..

I think The same philosophy applies here!.

What is your point here? I'm not sure I understand what point you are making.

Do you remember the Albion getting big crowds in the 70s?

Did Whitehawk get big crowds in the 70s, 80s or ever?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I Maybe wrong but the northern Outskirts of that Stadium diagram looks as though the horse track is right next to it!.

Plus they've built a stadium with the pitch outside of it, school boy error

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
What is your point here? I'm not sure I understand what point you are making.

Do you remember the Albion getting big crowds in the 70s?

Did Whitehawk get big crowds in the 70s, 80s or ever?

70's are irrelevant, Football Crowds across the Entire country were generally larger back then Anyway!.

My point is, You will Always Attract a much broader base of Suppoters if your Stadium is Better.
How many Women and young girls did you see at football matches in the earlier years, Was it the same as now!.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember in the old days when some Whitehawk fans decided to improve the Bar area at Hambury park Stadium by putting holes in the ceiling , but good luck to Jimmy onced played a company game with him ( American Express)and he was a class player I think he also played for Burgess Hill. The Community will benefit from the 3G pitch which we need far more 3G pitches in Sussex they also provide income for the club. As long as they can avoid cash problems in the future good luck to any club improving the standard of football and facilities in Sussex we might produce some good home grown players for the Albion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are a handful of clubs in the Conference with a relatively large away following , for instance Grimsby Town also send a minibus of stewards to lend a helping hand at some grounds.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
70's are irrelevant, Football Crowds across the Entire country were generally larger back then Anyway!.

My point is, You will Always Attract a much broader base of Suppoters if your Stadium is Better.
How many Women and young girls did you see at football matches in the earlier years, Was it the same as now!.

Yes I agree with your point about attracting a broader base of supporter with a better stadium, and you are correct there are more women and girls at matches.
But where are the new Whitehawk fans going to come from with the Albion attracting so many fans?

I started watching the Albion in the 70s as a kid, I did go to games at Withdean but plenty didn't, but many fans are back again now at The AMEX.

Good luck to Whitehawk but they didn't have a large fan base in the past, where are the new fans going to come from?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Yes I agree with your point about attracting a broader base of supporter with a better stadium, and you are correct there are more women and girls at matches.
But where are the new Whitehawk fans going to come from with the Albion attracting so many fans?

I started watching the Albion in the 70s as a kid, I did go to games at Withdean but plenty didn't, but many fans are back again now at The AMEX.

Good luck to Whitehawk but they didn't have a large fan base in the past, where are the new fans going to come from?

Same place Brighton Got There new Fans From?. Population is around 285K in and around Brighton i read somewhere.
There are Large number of youth Who don't have money for bus fare Let alone Paying The high prices at the Amex!.
It May appeal to those Who want to see professional Football on a Smaller Budget.
Only Time will tell I guess!..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here