Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where would we have finished had all our players fulfilled their contracts?

Where would we have finished had all our players fulfilled their contracts?

• Fourth

• Fifth

• Sixth

• Seventh

• Eighth

• Ninth

• Tenth

• Eleventh

• Twelfth

• Other (state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

In this scenario we would still have our purchases eg Pedro, but also the same number of long-term injuries (meaning one of those transferred players who would surely have displaced Hinchelwood is now long-term injured). Also, this doesn't apply to management so RdZ and his staff are still intact.
I'm hoping someone might tell us what the expiry dates actually were for the most recent (Albion) contracts signed by BDB, White, Bissouma, Tross, Moises, Cuc, Sanchez and Alexis. I'm assuming none of these would have renewed their contracts.
You have to vote to view the results!

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In this scenario we would still have our purchases eg Pedro, but also the same number of long-term injuries (meaning one of those transferred players that would surely have displaced Hinchelwood is now long-term injuried). Also, this doesn't apply to management so RdZ and his staff are still intact.
I'm hoping someone might tell us what the expiry dates actually were for the most recent contracts signed by BDB, White, Bissouma, Tross, Moises, Cuc, Sanchez and Alexis.
F*ck me, that complicated!

And I'm assuming they are all happy to be here.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely if the players had fulfilled their contracts should the coach 🤔

If Bissouma had fulfilled his, we might not have bought his replacement

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In this scenario we would still have our purchases eg Pedro, but also the same number of long-term injuries (meaning one of those transferred players that would surely have displaced Hinchelwood is now long-term injuried). Also, this doesn't apply to management so RdZ and his staff are still intact.
I'm hoping someone might tell us what the expiry dates actually were for the most recent contracts signed by BDB, White, Bissouma, Tross, Moises, Cuc, Sanchez and Alexis.
It is a silly scenario, because if we hadn't sold ANY of those players, then we couldn't have afforded to buy Pedro (or Buonanotte, or Estupinan, or Igor, or Baleba, or Barco, or Verbruggen, etc)

But - if we'd kept 'only' Mac Allister and Caicedo, AND signed Joao Pedro, we'd be top 6 certainly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why not top three?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Burn Summer 2023
Bissouma Summer 2023
White Summer 2024
Trossard Summer 2024
Cucurella Summer 2026
Mac Allister Summer 2025 + 1 year option
Caicedo Summer 2027 + 1 year option

Bissouma and Burn would have left last summer on free's losing us around £40m in transfer fee's, we'd then be losing White and Trossard this summer with a loss of around £75m in transfer fees. So as others have said its a silly scenario as without the transfer fee's we wouldn't have been able to sign the players we have now and the squad would be getting weaker with a lot lower income to put towards new players.

Totally agree with @hans kraay fan club had we added Pedro to a squad containing both Caicedo and Alexis then top 6 would have been achievable, with a fair wind and better luck with our injuries that squad could be knocking on the door of the top 4.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Totally agree with @hans kraay fan club had we added Pedro to a squad containing both Caicedo and Alexis then top 6 would have been achievable, with a fair wind and better luck with our injuries that squad could be knocking on the door of the top 4.
Yup. Don't think we need to be bringing any other names into it. Keep Caicedo and Alexis for 1 more season, giving us more time to source and bed in their replacements. I would suggest also that having those two in the squad would have meant fewer injuries (better options for squad rotation, no need to rush their replacements into the first XI, more quality in the midfield leading to being better able to control the pace of the game etc). The squad we ended up with this season was a year or two short on midfield experience.

Keeping those two an extra season each would have hurt financially, though. We cashed in on Caicedo at exactly the right moment. I very much doubt we'll see any clubs splashing the cash like that again for a while.

Look forward to seeing what our young squad can do next season with injuries resolved, extra experience, and a manager/coach who actually wants to be with us.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wouldn't we have been in breach of the PL 25 player registration limit?

The one certainty, anywhere other than 1st, and RDZ would have been demanding more from TB.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wouldn't we have been in breach of the PL 25 player registration limit?

The one certainty, anywhere other than 1st, and RDZ would have been demanding more from TB.

For this season no. Taking that Burn and Bissouma would have left last summer, we could add the other 5 players to the squad we named at the end of the January window and we'd have been at the 25 man limit (although technically we named two players in Dahoud and Rushworth who couldn't play anyway so could have removed them from the squad and had 23 man squad).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Sergei Gotsmanov had seen out his contract (he went to Southampton) I think we would have made it to the 1st Division / Premier League the following season, instead of losing to Notts County at Wembley.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is a silly scenario, because if we hadn't sold ANY of those players, then we couldn't have afforded to buy Pedro (or Buonanotte, or Estupinan, or Igor, or Baleba, or Barco, or Verbruggen, etc)

But - if we'd kept 'only' Mac Allister and Caicedo, AND signed Joao Pedro, we'd be top 6 certainly.
Without the sales we could probably still have found the money for Pedro, Estupinan or Barco (as back up/competition for Cucu), maybe one of Igor or Baleba. Wouldn't have needed to spend £20M on Verbruggen. Could have bettered top six, of that I would be certain.

Like many others, I think the plan was to sell Caicedo this summer, but then that Chelsea offer came rolling in and, bearing in mind he wanted to be offski anyway, we had to make his mum's dreams of living in London rather than the badlands of the north come true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here