Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is this all going...?

Albion in the short-term

• We improve and after a good summer and injuries back, we have a good start next season under RDZ

• RDZ leaves to another club/resigns. We make a good appointment

• RDZ leaves to another club/resigns. We make a bad appointment

• TB sacks RDZ. We make a good appointment

• TB sacks RDZ. We make a bad appointment

• RDZ stays till next season but our form is not much better than currently and we're in the bottom 6

Results are only viewable after voting.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Clearly the only right answer is
"We improve and after a good summer and injuries back, we have a good start next season under RDZ"

Anyone voting for anything else, is missing the fact we have been ravaged by injuries and playing makeshift teams week on week for what seems like since Christmas. We are still top half and beaten every team put in front of us at least once in Europe on our very first campaign.

Stop wetting the Fkn bed.
We’re not still top half. And our last 6 months would put us firmly bottom 6. We’ve had a lot of injuries but the squad was already much weaker than last year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We keep saying this, but will it really happen? It feels like we will have another disappointing season. You can look towards the future, but it's only just begun
Edited for you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Bloom will sack him and we'll make a good appointment.

This has got the feeling of Poyet all over again.
Come, now. Let's not exaggerate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bournemouth on Sunday feels quite telling as to what the future holds.
Bournemouth on Sunday will tell us absolutely nothing of note whatsoever. We are utterly f***ed by injuries and limping to the end of the season. We are lightyears away from having our first 11 fit and in form.

No panic. Go again next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is building for the future...

Good interview.

Wise man.

I'm ashamed of the stupidity and entitlement, and stupidity of some of the comments on NSC about the match and the manager.

My brother in law is a Coventry 'fan'. Gloats over every win and slags the club off after every defeat. He's an armchair 'supporter' really.
Every club has them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
RDZ and recruitment dept have to come up 5/6 PL ready signings or we will struggle.
Lalana ,Milner. Lampty Moder No longer up to it or too many injuries.
Gross Veltman. Both very poor last 5/6 games Maybe time to move on.
Webster Will not be first choice so maybe move on.
All of PBs many interviews say they have players lined up in every position. This will be a good test to see how genuine this is or just bulls..

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
When I watched us last season and in particular the way we destroyed opposition in midfield I told myself to enjoy it while it lasts.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have never been a fan of taking "past their sell by date" players like Milner and Lallana. We pay huge wages with little or no return. Milner's horror show against West Ham still haunts me and aside from a few cameos when he hasn't got "a note from his mum" Lallana has contributed next to nothing. Start with getting them and their huge wages off the books and hopefully don't go down that road in future. No good will come from recruiting high cost players who were good in their day, but that day was years ago and it's just "money for old rope" and a few years on the beach.

Yes, I do remember we had Wayne Bridge! But for a season. And on loan. He played 37 games for us in 12-13 season. And always 100% effort. I have no recollection now what % of his wages we were paying but whatever it was, he was exceptional value for money.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How can TB sack RDZ when the reason for our poor performance is all our injuries and we sold our best players?
Because if you have someone in a senior leadership role who isn't bought in to the philosophy and is bringing others down with them, then you get rid of them. Regardless of how brilliant they might be.

I'm not saying he is doing that, but that would be the reason to sack him.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
RDZ and recruitment dept have to come up 5/6 PL ready signings or we will struggle.
Lalana ,Milner. Lampty Moder No longer up to it or too many injuries.
Gross Veltman. Both very poor last 5/6 games Maybe time to move on.
Webster Will not be first choice so maybe move on.
All of PBs many interviews say they have players lined up in every position. This will be a good test to see how genuine this is or just bulls..
Gross? Are you f***ing insane? He's been consistently in our top 3 players since we've been in the Premier League. He's now playing for Germany and he has no pace to lose, so is age isn't an issue yet. He will still be a top class player at 35, and that's 3 years away yet!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bournemouth on Sunday will tell us absolutely nothing of note whatsoever. We are utterly f***ed by injuries and limping to the end of the season. We are lightyears away from having our first 11 fit and in form.

No panic. Go again next season.
I suppose that's the point of this thread. From what I've been watching since the Spurs performance (even the away one we lost), I'm not sure it's as simple as we get a few players back and go again.

Yes we've been badly affected by injuries but we've got enough first team players right now to be better than the shit that was City and first half V Burnley etc etc. We've really lost our mojo. So has our manager. We've only scored 2 goals from our own merit (both great strikes from Welbeck) in NINE games. That is terrible.

On Sunday, I want to see if it is a RDZ performance with balls and guts. Not the passive shit we've seen so much of in 2024. There's a real lack of belief and I want us to come out all guns blazing on Sunday. Fingers crossed

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I suppose that's the point of this thread. From what I've been watching since the Spurs performance (even the away one we lost), I'm not sure it's as simple as we get a few players back and go again.

Yes we've been badly affected by injuries but we've got enough first team players right now to be better than the shit that was City and first half V Burnley etc etc. We've really lost our mojo. So has our manager. We've only scored 2 goals from our own merit (both great strikes from Welbeck) in NINE games. That is terrible.

On Sunday, I want to see if it is a RDZ performance with balls and guts. Not the passive shit we've seen so much of in 2024. There's a real lack of belief and I want us to come out all guns blazing on Sunday. Fingers crossed
Correct. I want us to treat Sunday like a state of war has been declared between us and Bmuff. No handshakes, just stares. Crunching tackles. First to the ball. Challenge for everything. And for Christ sakes stick it in row z if that’s the safest place. Even Webster can manage that as they’re small stands at Bournemouth…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here