Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What souvenirs did you get from the Goldstone?

A blue plastic seat from the press box and a piece of the North Stand goal net. I did get a small chunk of turf as well, but the grassy area in our garden (I wouldn't dignify it with the word "lawn") has been patched up and messed about so often I've no idea where it is.

My mum has some ex Goldstone turf in her back lawn but it came from the Doncaster promotion game in 1964/65.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Turf and a ton of memories that are locked in my head and haven't been eroded by passing the goldstone ever again since Hereford game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My West Stand seat and a piece of turf that I still keep in a blue and white pot in the garden. Thought it had finally died this year but after a good bit of weeding out of the dry thatch it has come back nicely again. 17 years in that pot now!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My Mum told me I wasn't aloud to take anything, so I didn't :shrug: . She felt so bad when saw the footage of people pillaging she wrote to the club and asked if they could do anything for me, I was invited along to help myself :) I turned up with my uncle and all his tools and made off with loads of gear, not sure where all of it is but my fully working seat in its metal frame is in my Mum's basement.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A piece of the North Stand goal net - which was given to me from someone who cut it off from a larger piece and which I have now lost - and a piece of grassy turf which has also subsequently been lost.

I also tied the scarf I'd worn for years to one of the north stand crush barriers. Not sure why I did that, didn't plan it - it just seemed that everyone was taking things, and I wanted to give something back - or rather leave something behind. There used to be a photo online of the north stand after the game when the fans had finally left, you could just about see my scarf in the picture.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Turf which I replanted in the garden of my old house in Lewes. I like the idea that the grass was redistributed around Sussex and so, in a sense, lives on for ever.

PG

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Quite a few bits a and bobs .
The whole South West Stand Board . I naughtily did that before the Donny game and didn't realise it came in two bits . First part only read 'South We' .Went back two nights later for the bit that said 'st Stand ' That has hung in my hallway since 1997. Got some flood lights when the pylons came down a few weeks later and I have the entire South Stand goal net from the York game. That was given to me by Brian the groundsman. Got a turnstyle plate from the North Stand and one from the old Wembley . Did have a blue turnstyle door from the South West as well. Unfortunatly my son was looking for things to skateboard off a few years ago and sawed it in half to make two ramps.
I also oddly visited the ground every day during the demolition until the very last brick was removed .Took a lot of photos as well, which to fair are a bit grim. .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wooden seat and backrest, hook from the goalpost, although I don't know where that is.....my mates with me also have wooden seats and yes can still remember the noise as we took our memorabilia.The Police watched on knowing we just wanted a keepsake from the old ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here