Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most you have spent to watch a game of football?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
£400 for a match ticket to England v Argentine in Saporro Stadium Northern Japan, World Cup 2002
If you wanna sling in air fares and hotel costs then its a tadge more LOL

We won 1-0 with a Beckham penalty, and I was a "Cayman Island FA Official" at the match. Ha-ha (Still have the ticket framed)
I was in fact away from most other England fans, but at the corner of the stadium where Beckham run over too, and dropped to his knees.

Gave away my ticket to that....& other 3 inc Brazil as had a big new job that couldn't wait for me...pity
Spent £650 on a plane day out to England v Germany @ Charleroi. Boarded plane @ Heathrow around noon & took off around 6. Air traffic control @ west Drayton down across Europe, half the plane left to watch in a pub just before the police boarded & TOLD pilot to take off to avoid a riot. Landed in Brussels 20 mins before kick off £70 cab to town arrived to surprisingly wet streets, missed first 10 mins & then Shearer made it a happy ending

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
In this country the 80 quid to see the Olympic Men's Football Final at Wembley.

But that doesn't come close to the $400 I paid for a ticket for Germany v Spain World Cup semi final in Durban, SA in 2010. That ticket was direct from FIFA, face value.
Did get offered a Final ticket, by a German fan the next day $600 face value, but decided not to.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
£400 for a match ticket to England v Argentine in Saporro Stadium Northern Japan, World Cup 2002
If you wanna sling in air fares and hotel costs then its a tadge more LOL

We won 1-0 with a Beckham penalty, and I was a "Cayman Island FA Official" at the match. Ha-ha (Still have the ticket framed)
I was in fact away from most other England fans, but at the corner of the stadium where Beckham run over too, and dropped to his knees.

Was at that game, luckily I had a mates england members ticket. Most I paid was £1200 for 4 x tickets for the 1st England game
2006 in Germany, We bought them off ebay from a guy in Belgium. Made him take a photo of them with the written date next to them before we paid. Luckily it all went through ok.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I think it was $500 for 2xtickets to world cup final in Joburg from official channels, seems quite a bargain compared to some. Still Shakira pratting about was about as good as it got, not a great game or atmosphere!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
England v France euro 2004 paid 350 euros

Mines the same game. Ending up sitting in the FRench end with loads of English. I can't remember the exact amount ( probably similar to you ) although I do remember that the tout was a scouser!!!!

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Mines the same game. Ending up sitting in the FRench end with loads of English. I can't remember the exact amount ( probably similar to you ) although I do remember that the tout was a scouser!!!!

Was a really good seat in a nice area and had noel gallagher just along from me

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't think I've ever payed more than £50 for a football ticket. I did once pay $500 (face value) to watch Ricky Hatton get knocked out after approximately 4 mins of tactically inept boxing.

Still got his £10 million purse though. ****.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Back in the early 2000's I bought a place at a 'Sponsored Match' at Withdean. Lunch in a portacabin, a seat in the North stand in front of the Directors, half-time refreshments and the opportunity for the Match Sponsors to name and present the MoM award - again, back in the portacabin.

Might have been in a portacabin Bry, but I'm sure you'll agree that the lunch was terrific and (judging by HT's marvellous threads) far superior to the slop dished out to 1901 inmates.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There must be some real horror stories...

Mine is relatively modest, but still far more than I would ever contemplate spending these days.

Back in the early 2000's I bought a place at a 'Sponsored Match' at Withdean. Lunch in a portacabin, a seat in the North stand in front of the Directors, half-time refreshments and the opportunity for the Match Sponsors to name and present the MoM award - again, back in the portacabin.
I can't recall the exact cost but it was somewhere between £100 - £200 I think?

I'm the same - not anymore! And yeah, I was in that crowd of sponsors with you.

I was in Germany for the 2006 World Cup with one NSCer who paid €700 for a ticket to England-Sweden on the black market. :ohmy:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
£80-90 every time I come down to watch the Albion. Afraid I cannot justify spending that amount of money on a regular basis.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I know an Arsenal "fan" from Sussex who spent £300 on two tickets for seats in the away end of our game the other week.

Then there's me who didn't get a ticket because over £30 for a 4th round cup game seemed excessive. :blush:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ticket only is £150 for England against Trinidad at World cup in Germany.
Add flights and beer it was an expensive day trip.
Worth it though.

My dad had a ticket for that and swapped it for 2 tickets for Brazil v Croatia in Berlin so we could both go. Still had a great time in Nurnburg. Epic day trip for you I'd imagine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here