Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have been sussed

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yup. That was a routine take all day long. The kind of thing ‘keepers spend 20 minutes doing in the warm up. To misjudge that ball so badly, under absolutely no pressure, and to pat it lamely into the box was Sunday league at best. And I’d have the same opinion if any PL keeper did that. In fact I wouldn’t even expect to see something that shit in league one.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I miss long shots. It’s a dying art. There were much more in the 90s/00s. I feel like more teams are drilled to play risk free football (both defensively and in attack) and the consequences of losing the ball cheaply are higher now that players break away quicker than before.

A decent long shot now and again would force players to come out of their low block and close them down.* Hopefully Enciso can pick up where he left off last season.

*I have sent a copy of this tactical masterclass to the club.
could you not patent this tatic?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I miss long shots. It’s a dying art. There were much more in the 90s/00s. I feel like more teams are drilled to play risk free football (both defensively and in attack) and the consequences of losing the ball cheaply are higher now that players break away quicker than before.

A decent long shot now and again would force players to come out of their low block and close them down.* Hopefully Enciso can pick up where he left off last season.

*I have sent a copy of this tactical masterclass to the club.
Enciso could become our Bobby Charlton 🤞🏻

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Agree with all previous comments of don't give stupid goal away in 1st 10 mins !!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's quite well known that we struggle to break down the low-block.
Even harder to break down is when a black and gold bus is parked in the goal-mouth.
Here is graphic evidence of the Wolves 11-man bus.
No doubt they'd call it zonal defending but ELEVEN defenders within 12 yards of their own goal-line.
No man-marking - just park the bus ....
Suggests we did well to score nil !!

View attachment 177788
Shoooooot
Top right bins
Sorted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Goals scored / conceded per 15 mins

Thank you so much. My instinct was right about Liverpool.

Crikey CP and Chelsea have nightmare end to games :lolol: .

The Wolves stats might be skewed by a slow start to the season where week after week inept refs/VAR robbed them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's quite well known that we struggle to break down the low-block.
Even harder to break down is when a black and gold bus is parked in the goal-mouth.
Here is graphic evidence of the Wolves 11-man bus.
No doubt they'd call it zonal defending but ELEVEN defenders within 12 yards of their own goal-line.
No man-marking - just park the bus ....
Suggests we did well to score nil !!

View attachment 177788
Whilst I admit I only watched the 10 minute highlights on the Albion website we had chances and got into some good positions. We drew them out on a number of occasions. With better finishing it could have been quite different.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The story of a thousand football matches if only we had scored 😏
True. But my point is more I don’t agree with the idea we have been “sussed” and can’t break a low block etc.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Our tactics can still break a zone defence, I don't agree with us taking the ball back to our keeper though, but they seem to think thats the way to come back against a zone......Frankly the brain farts in our own defence are more worrying...Particuarly in the first few minutes of a match!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We just haven't always been as good as we need to be to play this way. If plan A isn't working, we need to do plan A better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Enciso could become our Bobby Charlton 🤞🏻
Stat wholeheartedly approves of this message

1709370296634.png

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
True. But my point is more I don’t agree with the idea we have been “sussed” and can’t break a low block etc.
We just haven't always been as good as we need to be to play this way. If plan A isn't working, we need to do plan A better.
Liverpool switch up the speed of transition against a low block we probe at almost walking pace at times. It would help if we took more shots and caused some havoc in the box. Potter fell for the same problem whip the ball in create runners we make it far to easy.
The Carabo final was a prime example the speed Liverpool played panicked Chelsea’s defensive block and they couldn’t hold on for extra time and pens.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't gift them a goal in the first two minutes and it wouldn't have been so easy for them to take that approach.
Agreed. It would help if we were fully focused for the start rather than 5 minutes after kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here