Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was yesterday a LUCKY win?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is why we should get rid of the BBC , it has its own agenda, and another example of supporting the so called big clubs

Not sure if you’re being serious, but you know that these marks are a user generated average, don’t you? Leeds’ scores will be higher as, not only were most of our fans at the game yesterday, but they do genuinely have a huge worldwide fan base that will have more than a slight bias when giving marks out of 10. Even at the end of the first half, which we certainly dominated, Leeds had averages of 7-8s compared to our 5-6s.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh. Away teams do well on the BBC ratings as lots of fans are watching on streams, whereas the home fans are more likely to be at the game.

With average quality finishing on both sides, it should probably have been 3-1 to us

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's El Pres's sense of humour.

As you rightly say, it's just fans and internet users ratings, most of whom aren't at the game. Leeds fans are so arrogant, they cannot bear to lose or be shown up so they use any method to big themselves up.

Whilst climbing the steps up top the caoch park after the game, was so sad to be surrounded by Leeds fans claiming that the referee was a homer and gave us all the decisions, despite three of their players being rightly booked, (could and should have been more), plus Jessie Marsch also receiving a yellow for his touchline antics. In fact l thought he should have received a secong caution after sarcastically applauding the referee for his intial booking.

They also forcibly informed me what an absolute dump our stadium was, which made me think they can't travel to very many other away grounds.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Leeds are a very dirty side. They were lucky to have so few bookings. Their manager’s view on it was disturbing, if he regards foul play as the way forward then the prem could do with Leeds going down.
As to lucky win - clearly not.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The first half was all us. Could have been 2 or 3 up. First 20 of the second was pretty even on possession, but we still created chances (Solly through on goal, Gross near post effort, Solly blasts over the bar from a cross, and our goal). The last 20 or so was where Leeds got back into it as we sat a bit deeper and they had to throw more players forward, but thats pretty inevitable.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No, had March and Trossard converted their gilt edged chances it would have been a good old fashioned thrashing.

I’m, like many others, concerned about cover for Welbeck, if and when he gets injured, I know we probably won’t, but I’d love to see Maupay replaced before the window shuts.

Undav, the jury is still out, we haven’t seen enough of him yet, but didn’t Glasgow Rangers recently highlight the level of Belgian football?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Those ratings are just weird. Mitoma near the top, when he only played a tiny part (and wasn't as good as against the barcodes!).

Leeds 'Champions of Europe' United didn't even get a mention in the MoTD analysis...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Leeds are a very dirty side. They were lucky to have so few bookings. Their manager’s view on it was disturbing, if he regards foul play as the way forward then the prem could do with Leeds going down.
As to lucky win - clearly not.

In one interview I heard he moaned that ''brighton were getting lots of free kicks, but our players were getting tackled and the referee gave nothing''. Well Jesse that's because a fair tackle is not a foul. The referee is under no obligation to give out an equal amount of free kicks. If you try to kick lumps out of the opposition you will concede free kicks, simple. Inside the first 20/30 minutes Leeds players made 6 or 7 very clear fouls resulting in obvious free kicks, and the Leeds players/fans/coaches were all getting stroppy. I know its the passion in the heat of the moment, but hopefully he's seen replays now and can tone down his opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most of that is down to the two best chances Leeds had - both would individually have had a very high Xg (the miss at the post because it was from so close, and the header/body glance that went just wide from the free kick).
I've just seen the 30 min highlights and Leeds had a decent chance and shot on target, that was flagged offside, but the ref let play continue (we'd got the ball). I expect that counted towards their XG, but wouldn't have if we didn't have an advantage (that's how it works with the bookies and shots on target etc).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That rating for Dan James is 7.08 higher than it should be. Absolutely theft of a living. Leeds were miles better when he went off.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is why we should get rid of the BBC , it has its own agenda, and another example of supporting the so called big clubs

hello toryboy! :salute:

with your drivel, are you attempting to imply that commercial media outlets don't have a big club bias?

you've let yourself down there, as boris has shown us all, the quality of the bullshit is critical

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here