Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
yep

Liverpool & United were littered with decent Scottish players

then they started buying Scandinavian ones

shame really

even the Welsh games in Wales were nip & tuck

great era for British football

NI also had some quality players and teams (Spain WC 1982, “Armstrong!”), winning the final Home Championship in 84.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I went to England v Scotland at Wembley when the Scots were banned so only around 60,000 Scots turned up all drinking cans of some Tartan rubbish type ale

:thumbsup:

Youngers-Tartan-Beer-Can.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NI also had some quality players and teams (Spain WC 1982, “Armstrong!”), winning the final Home Championship in 84.

NI team quite often had several Man Utd reserves when only one sub was allowed

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A couple of good ones for me were:

May 78 - we won at Hampden in front of 120,000 .... Coppell I think ruining their pre-winning the WC game.

Mid-80’s another win at Hampden, outplaying them and Steve Bull was quality.

Stevie Bull was 89 . I went in 87 . Friday night beat Wolves2 0 at home in the first ever play offs . Over to Guildford afterwards hung around till the 4 am train to London then on to Glasgow a boring trouble free day in Glasgow:lolol::lolol: Train out of Glasgow at 11 pm Saturday night on a slow one that took a back route via Kilmarnock to Dumfries and down to Euston . Fights breaking out all the way Glasgow to Crewe . Arrive in London 7am Sunday morning and think with mates ,lets do Bristol City v Mansfield at Wembley in The Freight Rover Final . home Sunday evening ,then Monday up to Molineux to see us beat Wolves1 0 [3 0 aggregate ] then back to Aldershot where i had my first beer of that weekend . Best Football weekend ever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stevie Bull was 89 . I went in 87 . Friday night beat Wolves2 0 at home in the first ever play offs . Over to Guildford afterwards hung around till the 4 am train to London then on to Glasgow a boring trouble free day in Glasgow:lolol::lolol: Train out of Glasgow at 11 pm Saturday night on a slow one that took a back route via Kilmarnock to Dumfries and down to Euston . Fights breaking out all the way Glasgow to Crewe . Arrive in London 7am Sunday morning and think with mates ,lets do Bristol City v Mansfield at Wembley in The Freight Rover Final . home Sunday evening ,then Monday up to Molineux to see us beat Wolves1 0 [3 0 aggregate ] then back to Aldershot where i had my first beer of that weekend . Best Football weekend ever.

After the 70’s when Scottish hordes ruled, by the late 80’s England seem more emboldened, I recall Chelsea thugs visiting Glasgow. But with their long term tie up with Gers fans, I wouldn't have a clue how that paned out.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
After the 70’s when Scottish hordes ruled, by the late 80’s England seem more emboldened, I recall Chelsea thugs visiting Glasgow. But with their long term tie up with Gers fans, I wouldn't have a clue how that paned out.

Gers fans were in the away end at Hampden in 87 . It's a long walk to and from Hampden it wasn't too bad on the way there . On the way back took over 2 hours due to incidents . The oldest of 5 of us was 18 ,so we tagged behind a group of Geordies for safety . We only got our tickets on the tuesday,one of the mates Dad Knew Ian Porterfield . Tickets were £4 on the halfway line in the Scotland end ,we somehow blagged into the away end . Train ticket with a railcard was £36 ,i was on a factory shutdown the week after so i had 2 weeks apprentice of £76 . Skint within a weekend:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here