Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] UKCC24 - Quarter Final Draw (& R16 Round up)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After a short winter break (ahem), we are ready to move into the business end of this tournament.

Quarter Final Draw

Fawlty Towers vs Not The Nine O'Clock News

Father Ted vs I'm Alan Partridge

Only Fools & Horses vs The Fast Show

Blackadder vs The Office

Intrigued by Only Fools vs The Fast Show, concerned for Alan, and two other relatively comfortable home wins I suspect.
===

Round of 16 Round-Up

View attachment 172218

Basil, Del Boy and Edmund the most impressive in this round.

A===
Quarter final threads will commence shortly.

All home wins by a country mile for me, all of those first mentioned are all time comedy clssics in my opinion, and the likes of Alan Partridge in the Office l find decidely unfunny.

Stumpy Tim

More detail needed here;

The Office - Genius
Extras - Excellent, near genius
Life's Too Short - Shit
Derek - Funny due to David Earl, but otherwise pretty shit
After Life - The most clumsily written show I have ever seen

Stand up

Politics & Animals - Pretty good, inventive at points, plenty of genuine comedy.
Science onwards - basically the same set recycled over and over and over again, each new set 15-30% worse than the last. So lazy and boring. He is STILL going on about African babies having AIDS.
Very accurate, though I really like After Life. There's some great moments in that show

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very accurate, though I really like After Life. There's some great moments in that show
I just can’t get past how one dimensional the writing is.

What elements of After Life are you a fan of? I’m asking this from a place of genuine curiosity rather than malice.

Maybe there’s some good bits I’ve forgotten.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Stumpy Tim

I just can’t get past how one dimensional the writing is.

What elements of After Life are you a fan of? I’m asking this from a place of genuine curiosity rather than malice.

Maybe there’s some good bits I’ve forgotten.
I always enjoy the bits when they go to interview people, I think Postman Pat is a quality character, Ratty and his mates, and the dialouge between the fat kid and the weirdo (who is also in Derek). They're all laugh out loud stuff for me

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I always enjoy the bits when they go to interview people, I think Postman Pat is a quality character, Ratty and his mates, and the dialouge between the fat kid and the weirdo (who is also in Derek). They're all laugh out loud stuff for me
"the weirdo (who is also in Derek)" is David Earl - the best part of modern Gervais' team in my opinion. He's brilliant.

Basically plays the same character in the excellent Brian & Charles;

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh and while we're on a David Earl run, I come back to this every so often, just wonderful, wonderful, horrible viewing;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here