Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23s released / new deals

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some suprises to me. I had only heard good things about Keto, Lopata & Radulovic

Kacper did well at Hawks, but I didn't see anything to suggest he was ready for the professional levels.

He's welcome back, of course !

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know if they have done the same for the u18s yet?

Of those who started their scholarships in 2018-19, the following have already signed professional (or had a 1-year professional deal as part of their total 3-year deal):-

Luca Cocoracchio
Ted Jenks
Marc Leonard (named the Players' Player for 2019-20)
Sam Packham
Haydon Roberts
Jack Spong
Ben Wilson

I've read a report that Ayo Tanimowo signed a three-year pro deal last year but I'm not certain of its veracity.

I haven't heard anything definitively about Lorent Tolaj and Stefan Vukoje but I'd be amazed if they weren't offered pro deals.

That leaves Ben Clark-Eden and Roco Rees. John Morling was quoted in the Argus this week saying that one of the U-18s was "going to go to university in America". My guess would be that it would be Clark-Eden, but that isn't confirmed.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Kacper did well at Hawks, but I didn't see anything to suggest he was ready for the professional levels.

He's welcome back, of course !

He's currently on loan at Polish second division side Zaglebie Sosnowiec. He had his picture taken last week as they prepare to resume their league season (tallest lad in the back row, behind the 'keeper):

May262020ZaglebieSosnowiec.jpg

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Of those who started their scholarships in 2018-19, the following have already signed professional (or had a 1-year professional deal as part of their total 3-year deal):-

Luca Cocoracchio
Ted Jenks
Marc Leonard (named the Players' Player for 2019-20)
Sam Packham
Haydon Roberts
Jack Spong
Ben Wilson

I've read a report that Ayo Tanimowo signed a three-year pro deal last year but I'm not certain of its veracity.

I haven't heard anything definitively about Lorent Tolaj and Stefan Vukoje but I'd be amazed if they weren't offered pro deals.

That leaves Ben Clark-Eden and Roco Rees. John Morling was quoted in the Argus this week saying that one of the U-18s was "going to go to university in America". My guess would be that it would be Clark-Eden, but that isn't confirmed.

Fantastic knowledge as expected by your high standards. Who were the other award winners? Have the u23s had their awards ceremony also?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Who were the other award winners?

I have no idea if there WERE any other award winners.

Have the u23s had their awards ceremony also?

Last season Aaron Connolly was named as the first recipient of the American Express Elite Performance Award (the Albion young player of the season award) at the club's Player of the Season bash. Again, I have no idea if there are separate U-23 awards, or whether this award will be given this year (assuming there is some sort of end-of-season "ceremony").

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There must be a lot of faith that Kipras Kazukolovas is going to be the real deal, considering he has been injured for almost all of the last two seasons. Hopefully this year he finally gets the chance to prove himself. Congrats to all the other lads who have been offered new deals as well.

Sorry to hear about Bojan, Jordan, Archie, Lewis, Hugo and Kacper. Hope they can all find new clubs, all seem to have the ability to carve out a career in football. Every year the quality of those we let go is slightly higher than the previous, but unfortunately there were just too many players between these lads and the first team, and with most of them now around 21/22, they need to be playing men’s football.

Hope to see a few good quality loans next season for the likes of Cochrane, Gwargis, O’Hora and Yapi amongst others as the next step in their development.

It isn't two seasons, it's three. Guy is one of the unluckiest young footballers around.

He was captain of the Lithuanian U-17s and was named on the bench for their U-21s when he was still only 16. He joined us as a 1st-year scholar in the summer of 2017 and did his ACL in just his 3rd match for Albion U-18s in September 2017. He had surgery in early October but after months of rehabilitation, after an MRI scan in May 2018 it was decided that he needed further reconstruction. He faced at least another 10 months of rehabilitation. He played against Merstham in a pre-season friendly for the U-23s in July 2019 but the following month he needed yet another operation. At the time he posted this on instagram:

When you feel the grass taste, the hunger which drives you every single day, and the proud moments like putting your national team’s jersey on and singing your national anthem, that joy of being out there and giving absolutely everything for your club and country. And all of the sudden it is taken away from you again and again and again. This moment I feel like somebody has tied me up to a chair and doesn't let me go, but I’ve been there before and the only thing I know that it won’t stop me. I will fight it back and that’s for sure. Everyone who’s been supportive - appreciate it! @officialbhafc more than a club! Can’t thank you enough!

My heart goes out to the lad - let's hope he can get back to playing the sport he loves in 2020-21.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's currently on loan at Polish second division side Zaglebie Sosnowiec. He had his picture taken last week as they prepare to resume their league season (tallest lad in the back row, behind the 'keeper):

View attachment 124443

Used to be a big name in Polish football. Well, he can jolly well come back. He won't be as bigger name as he was in east Brighton.

Interestingly, what is that strange UK flag at one of their home games..?

Zaglebie-Rakow14.03.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We only managed a few games watching the U23s last season but Longman really stood out , wouldn't suprise me at all if he was loaned out to a league 1 club next season ( if there is one ) for further development .

I agree re Longman.

However it remains incredibly challenging for all of the younger players to go from U23 to league football.

The route Walton, Sanchez, White and Molumby are taking is probably the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here