Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfermarkt- it’s just nonsense isn’t it!

Aug 1, 2006
So Brighton currently 4th in the prem - totally amazing yet now totally unsurprising.

So how many of our owned players (so not including 1billion release clause Fati) are rated as having a value in the top 100 players in the league. Go on guess before having a look.

I’ll give you a clue, not many …

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I think the main issue is they put far too much weight in how much a player cost when they were most recently purchased, rather than what it would take for another club to lure them from their existing club. We don’t spend big fees (for the most part), hence why our squad is grossly undervalued based on the criteria they use.

Whereas a club like Villa who routinely drop £40m on a player, are valued much much higher. I wouldn’t swap our squad for theirs.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The transfermarkt website is good for stats, but not much else. Ignore the values part of it, always wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
considering top 100 would be filled by Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal squads, i'm not in least surprised.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So Brighton currently 4th in the prem - totally amazing yet now totally unsurprising.

So how many of our owned players (so not including 1billion release clause Fati) are rated as having a value in the top 100 players in the league. Go on guess before having a look.

I’ll give you a clue, not many …
Who do you think from our squad should be in there?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I would love to know Caicedo value before he went to Chelsea and his value now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the main issue is they put far too much weight in how much a player cost when they were most recently purchased, rather than what it would take for another club to lure them from their existing club. We don’t spend big fees (for the most part), hence why our squad is grossly undervalued based on the criteria they use.

Whereas a club like Villa who routinely drop £40m on a player, are valued much much higher. I wouldn’t swap our squad for theirs.
yeah this.

It's good for historical transfer data, but it doesn't really pretend to be a valuation site.
Valuations are solely based on previous transfer value or any recent offers.

The difference between our squad valuation and Palace's is always pretty laughable.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why on earth would anybody pay any attention to an article on transfermarkt about what that site perceives as "the top 100 players in the league"?

I don't get it. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here