Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains tonight

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The guys behind me do this every game. I usually leave right on final whistle, sometimes just before. But what's the point in going if you are going to miss something...?

He didn't leave early, but there's a story about a long-time Hereford fan who'd been a season-ticket holder all his life who went for a pee when they played Newcastle in the cup in 1972. He missed THAT goal. Can you imagine...

I never left early at the Goldstone, away games or Withdean …. well, just once, when Leeds outclassed us at Withdean 2008-ish?

I just getbored senseless from long queues, dead time, so I leave 85’ onwards, judging it by the game. In the Hughton and Potter era I didn’t miss one Albion goal … we were so predictable. RDZ had blown that to pieces! Staying sometimes eg the last game of 2022/23 to thank the players in their later lap.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I agree but the club are at the behest of Southern and their practices. We haven’t expanded the stadium capacity wise for ten years - okay, an additional 1,000 seats in the last twelve months. You don’t know that the club have shown no signs of acknowledging the train shambles - that presumably is discussed behind closed doors. As a matter of interest what do you recommend that the club do to improve matters?
The club has acknowledged it, but with the transport situation nationally, there’s very little the club can do about it. They can demand more carriages, but it isn’t going to change anything. I agree not sure what more the club can do.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There is nothing public, no apparent sympathy with fans, no pressure on the travel companies and no transparency as to, well, anything. Perhaps they are doing what they can but what is that, none of us know?!

For these 8pm midweek games where it's said by the train guy on this thread that there isn't any more the train companies, what alternatives can they put on? The Pyecombe/West Hove park and ride sites to take some pressure off the trains maybe? Can Brighton & Hove buses help? If the trains aren't fit for purpose you'd hope the club are working to ensure their customers evenings aren't ruined by the bullshit transports which is (currently) included in the price of a ticket
Just on that, Brighton buses can’t really increase service as they are having their own massive problems, with driver numbers.

Oct 3, 2023
It’s the time the club looks to reinstate a permanent third park and ride site. EDF for weekend matches and another site for in the week.
As others have said, you can tolerate it for the Europa games but not so sure for Burnley or similar ones

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For those of us murdering climate change deniers, I left home at 5:30 and drove off the a27 at the Asda turn off to go down coldean lane and I have never known it so bad! It took over an hour to get from ditchlin road turnoff down coldean lane to the lewes road and then 40 minutes to get to parking C at the uni.

I got in the ground 15 minutes before KO.

Getting back wasn’t too bad although the queue on the road to get to the a27 roundabout on the slip road took about 20 minutes and got home at around 10:30ish.

Lot of people in the university car parks asking how to get to the ground. Lots of footy tourists there last night
Climate Change deniers are wrong and in some cases dangerous, but I would not recommend killing them.

We need to educate them, love not hate.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
For those of us murdering climate change deniers, I left home at 5:30 and drove off the a27 at the Asda turn off to go down coldean lane and I have never known it so bad! It took over an hour to get from Ditchling road turnoff down Coldean Lane to the Lewes Road and then 40 minutes to get to parking C at the uni.

I got in the ground 15 minutes before KO.

This.... No idea why it was so bad, couldn't see any obvious hold ups. Very irritating!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here