Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains on Sunday 26th Jun?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So would it be fair to say trains will still be knackered on Sunday 26th? Notwithstanding it being a Sunday and inherent issues but I'm getting mixed messages about how it might be. I'm needing to get to Wimbledon.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looks like engineering work overnight Saturday into Sunday on the Brighton - London Victoria line, this should be finished by 6:30 but there is always the chance it could over run. I'd be looking at planning for an alternative way to get there now as a contingency as that and knock ons from the strike action could make Sunday a day to avoid the trains.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Looks like engineering work overnight Saturday into Sunday on the Brighton - London Victoria line, this should be finished by 6:30 but there is always the chance it could over run. I'd be looking at planning for an alternative way to get there now as a contingency as that and knock ons from the strike action could make Sunday a day to avoid the trains.

Sadly thinking the same. But an expensive treat such as hotel in Wimbledon on Sunday night and then centre court tickets on Monday is now looking wallet busting as driving not an option :(

Any taxi chaps in eastbourne area want to give a fellow Albion fan a competitive quote?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sadly thinking the same. But an expensive treat such as hotel in Wimbledon on Sunday night and then centre court tickets on Monday is now looking wallet busting as driving not an option :(

Any taxi chaps in eastbourne area want to give a fellow Albion fan a competitive quote?

Best of luck with that….fuel costs for a taxi driver from Eastbourne to Wimbledon and their journey back to wherever let alone his profit ….surely your overnight stay doesn’t have to be Wimbledon itself ….just outside Travelodge London then taxi or train in….either way enjoy Monday

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if dont need to be up there early, dont think be much issue except delay.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Best of luck with that….fuel costs for a taxi driver from Eastbourne to Wimbledon and their journey back to wherever let alone his profit ….surely your overnight stay doesn’t have to be Wimbledon itself ….just outside Travelodge London then taxi or train in….either way enjoy Monday
Maybe I should have qualified that we are in Wimbledon Premier Inn :)

Been quoted £150 for the taxi. Ouch! Will do some further research tomorrow and if Sunday is doable albeit a long slog on train and replacement bus then so be it:(

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So would it be fair to say trains will still be knackered on Sunday 26th? Notwithstanding it being a Sunday and inherent issues but I'm getting mixed messages about how it might be. I'm needing to get to Wimbledon.

Can't you still get the bus/coach from Brighton to Victoria?

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
I've been to Brighton station to buy tickets for Sunday as we are in Hyde Park for The Eagles. Told there would be little chance of getting a train as they will all be in the wrong place after Saturdays strike action. Ticket office predicted a very limited service. So we are getting the coach. Staying over night in London and fingers crossed there be trains on Monday

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I've been to Brighton station to buy tickets for Sunday as we are in Hyde Park for The Eagles. Told there would be little chance of getting a train as they will all be in the wrong place after Saturdays strike action. Ticket office predicted a very limited service. So we are getting the coach. Staying over night in London and fingers crossed there be trains on Monday
Very good point about where trains might be. And now you also sparked another thought. There we are centre court on Monday evening watching a potential 5 set thriller and I'll be panicking about not getting back to eastbourne because of residual delays.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't you still get the bus/coach from Brighton to Victoria?

Yup, and it's cheap as chips

Screenshot_20220621-070606_Chrome.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

I stayed in a nice Hotel du Vin a few years back in Wimbledon. They might have a room .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Will you be staying at the Hotel California? :facepalm:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Services will be later starting up than usual, night shift workers won’t come in from the night before so I imagine it will be as us usual service from about mid morning. Only Key Routes will run from start of service, so basically London to Brighton only on Southern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here