Top footballers' wages

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That calculates to £1,765,000 PA so either you are seriously well paid or your maths is wrong!

I worked it out thusly:

20 minutes to earn my weekly salary, 4 weeks equates then to 80 minutes, x12 = 960 minutes / 60 = 16 hours.

Although I do wish my salary was closer to that figure!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't have an issue with the world's best earning a fortune. It's the lesser players earning millions I object to. For example CMS is a very very average professional player, he cannot be described as anything else. How on earth is he allowed to earn the dollar he (allegedly) earns?

I have to agree, however it does make you think how TB might feel with this football lark.

CMS alleged wages is just an indication of what other players may demand when we recruit them, if you accept that at our club currently we can only ever recruit 'damaged goods' of players hoping beyond hope they find a run of form.

I guess thats why the Academys are seen as such important assets, but even then we just save on transfer fee's whilst our home born player demands parity with the other within the league if they succeed, then there is the sell on part if they move on.

Thankless task really.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I worked it out thusly:

20 minutes to earn my weekly salary, 4 weeks equates then to 80 minutes, x12 = 960 minutes / 60 = 16 hours.

Although I do wish my salary was closer to that figure!

You're right ! Sorry!

Although it ought to be 20x52 weeks = 1040 minutes =17.33 hrs :)

Still an obscene amount of money !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We were discussing this at home the other day, when someone argued that if they are working/performing in the top sporting/entertainment business in the world, which generates so much money, why shouldn't they get rewarded for that?

The top players yes, maybe. Should reserve team players in the premiership and League 2 cloggers be rewarded with far better salaries than the average working man though?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The top players yes, maybe. Should reserve team players in the premiership and League 2 cloggers be rewarded with far better salaries than the average working man though?

Probably not, but their agents ( Premier League Squad Players ) would argue that they have a value, and depending on their value then they would expect a contract to reflect that.

Ultimately although I agree with the mind boggling figures, I am not ready to feel sorry for the clubs, they are big boys and can look after themselves, many a player gets shafted by the clubs too and many a club benefits from a players transfer, mostly amounts quite disproportionate to that clubs input into that player.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`m just Jealous...could only make school 2nd X1.....Wonder If I asked Ronaldo nicely if he`d pay of my massive to me Mortgage...less than 1% of his annual earnings.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On a personal level I get no more enjoyment now watching a game of football than I did 50 years ago. The quality is different - I wouldn't say if it is better or worse, and for me it doesn't really matter. The only thing that concerns me is that 50 years ago it was much cheaper to watch, a better atmosphere at the ground, and a sort of relationship with the players/club that I don't get now. Much of this is due to the amount of money slushing around the game. To be honest, it is getting to the position where, because of money, my expectations of my club are unhealthily high. It shouldn't be like this.
There are too many players and ex players out there milking a system and riding a gravy train when they just don't merit it.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Interesting that Bale and Rooney both earn more money than Ronaldo...

Also when I was in India I saw coffee pickers earning £2 a day, apparently it would take 10175483 years to earn Bale's weekly wage

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Interesting that Bale and Rooney both earn more money than Ronaldo...

Also when I was in India I saw coffee pickers earning £2 a day, apparently it would take 10175483 years to earn Bale's weekly wage

If your starting position is a worker being paid just £2.00 a day, we might all fall into the vast disparity of wages between a coffee picker in India and ourselves, no matter which way you present it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports