Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today's Friendly

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Brilliant today against very mediocre opposition but not convinced about Maupay and Undav together up top on an admittedly very brief showing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was in the west and when i went in it seemed that the slow progress was caused by a few factors firstly newbies unaware of how to enter secondly family groups with all the tickets on one phone and thirdly the turnstiles having problems reading tickets off phones , several people had to be shown how to open a code . Also not enough staff to help bearing in mind the the newbies , kids etc
Funnily enough i with my paper ticket ( that cost me £2.50 extra to print at home ) went straight in , that's progress for you !
Maybe people like myself with paper tickets or photocards should not have to queue with everyone else - now there's a thought !

....and shouldn't have to pay £2.50 extra either!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rubbish opponents, to be sure - but I thought our left flank looked better than Citeh's today............................. just sayin'

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My takeaways from today

Not sure if we were good or Espanyol were shite
Disappointed not to see more of the new boys
Mitoma is going to scare the shit out of some right backs this season
It's now late and I'm very drunk having started at 1pm

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I am afraid that van hecke seemed very much off the pace today I was hoping he would give a better performance. Don't think he is going to make the step up to the Premier league.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Had a gander at the replay vid, First half good solid performance enjoyed it. After the subs second half tweedledee and tweedledum upfront both gave possession away far to cheaply. How is a slower version of Maupay going to work out better than Maupay if he does go to Italy :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Amazed and delighted by the standard of the football we played (albeit against moderate opposition) - attacking threat, actual players in the opposition penalty area, players willing to shoot, great stuff, but.......

...........still looked vulnerable to the counter attack. Their consolation goal today, for example. A PL side could score three of those - and we can't rely on always scoring five! Should we start playing with an out and out sweeper? Would Mac Allister flourish in that role? If not him, any other suggestions?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It was bizarre…the queue for the West stand snaked round to the East …fortunately I was in the East stand queue which was shorter but even that was totally disorganised, there was an attempt by one steward to move people down towards another entrance but pitiful support

Below queue for West stand

View attachment 150444

It was really strange how long it took to get in to a game with half the size crowd we usually have but also seemed to take even longer than usual to get food and drink. Plus quite a while after the game finished there was still a massive queue to get in the club shop. It’s like they’ve changed something in the way they manage the crowds or just didn’t get enough people in working for a friendly? They can’t have misjudged the amount of people coming as they know the ticket sales. All a bit odd.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was really strange how long it took to get in to a game with half the size crowd we usually have but also seemed to take even longer than usual to get food and drink. Plus quite a while after the game finished there was still a massive queue to get in the club shop. It’s like they’ve changed something in the way they manage the crowds or just didn’t get enough people in working for a friendly? They can’t have misjudged the amount of people coming as they know the ticket sales. All a bit odd.

East Stand was just as bad :nono:

40 mins before kick off, the queue was down to the 'Seagull' and hardly moving - in the end they just badged everyone in without even looking at tickets on phones etc... still queued for over 20 minutes.

Disappointing, especially with such a small crowd.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
The 2 blokes on the left have given up queuing & are going

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I was in the west and when i went in it seemed that the slow progress was caused by a few factors firstly newbies unaware of how to enter secondly family groups with all the tickets on one phone and thirdly the turnstiles having problems reading tickets off phones , several people had to be shown how to open a code . Also not enough staff to help bearing in mind the the newbies , kids etc
Funnily enough i with my paper ticket ( that cost me £2.50 extra to print at home ) went straight in , that's progress for you !
Maybe people like myself with paper tickets or photocards should not have to queue with everyone else - now there's a thought !

£2.50 to print your ticket off at home?!!!! WTF? That’s just ridiculous. A penalty for not being able to afford a Smart phone? It should be the other way round if anything.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Had a gander at the replay vid, First half good solid performance enjoyed it. After the subs second half tweedledee and tweedledum upfront both gave possession away far to cheaply. How is a slower version of Maupay going to work out better than Maupay if he does go to Italy :shrug:

This dismissal of a signing is based on 18 minutes of a friendly by which time we were already 5-0 up and had just made 7 subs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How is a slower version of Maupay going to work out better than Maupay if he does go to Italy :shrug:

How about the idea that he may regularly bury sitters?
If Neal had done this throughout his Albion career he’d still be leaving next month but probably to a top 6 for a lot more than £15m.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I am afraid that van hecke seemed very much off the pace today I was hoping he would give a better performance. Don't think he is going to make the step up to the Premier league.

Well, I think we've determined that he's not a full back. Though I suspect he could have told you that.

He clearly needs to be playing in the middle

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How about the idea that he may regularly bury sitters?
If Neal had done this throughout his Albion career he’d still be leaving next month but probably to a top 6 for a lot more than £15m.
We live in hope. The lack of minutes is telling a new striker home debut you would of thought he would have had at least 45.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here