[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2023-24 - Game 36 Update - 11 OVER

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
@Giraffe - Click the "Light Bulb" top right of any page and you'll see there is still a formatting issue in Dark Mode which affects a few rows near the bottom of your spreadsheet, making the following rows unreadable in Dark Mode:

6 Apr Arsenal (H)
27 Apr Bournemouth (A)
11 May Newcastle (A)
and the bottom Row, below Man Utd (H)

I believe someone else pointed this out to you towards the end of last season and that you were going to fix it (but I can't find the thread to link to!)

My favorite thread also, even though I only use Dark Mode...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Only draws and no wins required away from home for European qualification is where our big gains are made.
It's incredible how reliable Giraffe's formula always works out.

I bloomin' love Giraffe's Tracker. It's so reassuring when we all start loosing our heads towards the end of each season.
#TrustTheTracker

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
@Giraffe - Click the "Light Bulb" top right of any page and you'll see there is still a formatting issue in Dark Mode which affects a few rows near the bottom of your spreadsheet, making the following rows unreadable in Dark Mode:

6 Apr Arsenal (H)
27 Apr Bournemouth (A)
11 May Newcastle (A)
and the bottom Row, below Man Utd (H)

I believe someone else pointed this out to you towards the end of last season and that you were going to fix it (but I can't find the thread to link to!)

My favorite thread also, even though I only use Dark Mode...
Thanks for highlighting, should now be fixed in the original post.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder in years to come if we’ll ever progress to the top 4 / title tracker?!
If it ever becomes a realistic reality then I'd certainly consider it but like the Europe tracker I won't be tempting fate until it is very possible! Can't say I didn't consider it though...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
If it ever becomes a realistic reality then I'd certainly consider it but like the Europe tracker I won't be tempting fate until it is very possible! Can't say I didn't consider it though...
Top 4 was a realistic proposition until quite deep in last season. We were never favourites to do it, but a couple of late-season 6 pointers going the other way and those VAR howlers not happening and we were in with a shout.

Edit: looking back, with 4 matches to play we still had a mathematical chance of 3rd. Even after losing to Newcastle, with 3 to play we were still mathematically in with a chance of 4th (then ManU won and snuffed it out). Anyway: I think we were close enough last season to justify it for this season. Question is, where do we set the target? Looking back at the last 10 seasons, average points for the team finishing 5th has been 68.1 (lowest being 62 and highest 75). For the team that finishes 4th, the average has been 71.2 points (lowest 66, highest 79). I'd suggest a target of 72 points would work for a 4th place tracker - that's enough to beat 5th place in 9 of the last 10 seasons, and enough to beat 4th place in 7 of the last 10 seasons.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports