Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tifo IRL - Seb Stafford-Bloor understands why we boo

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The Tifo IRL podcast spent a good amount of time talking about Brighton this week. I was particular struck by how Seb really got why people were booing Potter. It wasn't really about Potter. It was about how as soon as a smaller team has a bit of success, the big team vultures come and try to tear us apart.

He talks about how a billionaire new owner (of Chelsea) had a falling out with the Champions League winning manager and it's us that suffer for it.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
They're normally pretty good.

Guardian Football Weekly unanimously understood the booing and that it was completely justifiable in the circumstances.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Was just about to post the same regarding the Guardian's (Football Weekly) coverage.

Sadly the Totally Football Show's (my usual favourite, big Jimbo fan) coverage was reduced to a rather poor monologue from Andy Naylor - who missed his opportunity to set the record straight on the booing. I've got nothing against Naylor, but he certainly doesn't have a voice for radio. Sorry if you're reading Andy!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Decent analysis... 3:18 to 20:20 for the whole piece, 10:00 - 12:08 for the booing chatter if you can't listen to the whole thing!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Who is low enough to steal an original avatar?
Nobody stole anything. We both created similar avatars from the original cartoon. If you looked at the two images you would see that.It's no big deal, if South Central (Hove) wants to use his original, I will chose something else.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nobody stole anything. We both created similar avatars from the original cartoon. If you looked at the two images you would see that.It's no big deal, if South Central (Hove) wants to use his original, I will chose something else.
I was only kidding.

Thought it was funny seeing a run of rotated De Zerbis!
:p

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good insights but what a smarmy voice the guy has…..could be in there with Smashy and Nicey

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Football clichés spent some time this week discussing how we got you're just a shit Brighton and Hove albion to scan.:)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Though did any of them actually watch the game?
"I've got Gross down here as right back, is that right?"
Long pause before a sheepish "it didn't feel like it"
Yes right back is absolutely the best description of where he played. Huge discussion on Chelsea's (not) wing backs, mention of loftus cheek having to fill in as a right back, ooh potter used to play Trossard as WB. Totally miss that we played a relatively slow AM at right back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here