Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickertape reception in honour of Alexis

Jul 7, 2003
Reckon he’ll walk on the pitch for some kind of presentation before the Arsenal game, but probably won’t play.
I agree - he'll be given a couple of weeks rest so might be back in the country for the Arsenal game but don't think he will play again until the Liverpool match.

It's not just the physical side but the emotional side of things the club will be monitoring as he will be coming down from a massive high and also bound to be loads of speculation about his future.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree - he'll be given a couple of weeks rest so might be back in the country for the Arsenal game but don't think he will play again until the Liverpool match.

It's not just the physical side but the emotional side of things the club will be monitoring as he will be coming down from a massive high and also bound to be loads of speculation about his future.
Agreed ..one game you think he definitely won’t play in is the FA Cup tie
“What gaffer, Bro away” 👀

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm happy for Alexis but not Argentina. As a footballing nation I don't like them - and neither apparently do they like us according to recent news reports.

I'll give the ticker tape a miss until England win it (again )

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How can the moment have passed when he plays his first game after winning the WC? That is the moment.
Judging by what's been reported, that won't be until after the Arsenal game, so his first game back will either be at Everton on a Tuesday night or Middlesbrough in the cup!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Judging by what's been reported, that won't be until after the Arsenal game, so his first game back will either be at Everton on a Tuesday night or Middlesbrough in the cup!
France in the World Cup followed by Boro in the FA Cup.

Talk about back to earth with a bump.

Alexis comes across as pretty quiet. Looking at the videos of the celebrations he's not putting himself up front and centre. I'm sure he'll be happy with a quick clap and then back down to the day job and won't rush any decisions. He's not Cucurella, running off after the first (or second) big wage packet. IMO.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Change the NS flag for the Arsenal game (or whenever his first game back is) to one of Alexis in Albion shirt with the World Cup.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ticker tape. So messy. Not great for the environment, has to be cleaned up by someone. Forget about it. Some nice applause will be fine!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm happy for Alexis but not Argentina. As a footballing nation I don't like them - and neither apparently do they like us according to recent news reports.

I'll give the ticker tape a miss until England win it (again )
Recent news reports ?? They've despised us for decades!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a shame Albion aren't away on a Tuesday night at Bournemouth for his first match. Just to let him know that his Qatar experience will just continue forever.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maracana? Wasn't played in Brazil.

You mean the Estadio Monumental.
I remember that. Argentina lost 1-0. I don't think the referee got the memo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He will be getting one in Buenos Aries (sp?). I would save a celebration until he scores or assists for US rather than Argentina. He is one of a team not the one man. Hopefully the lad’s friendly banter will bring him back to Earth on his return.
This

we do not need a new Maradonna. . . . He 'comes down' in his own good time, and rejoins the club/team.

or we rinse chelsea for 100m and he can do a COnnolly there.

hoping for the first option obvs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here