Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] This week's 'you can only save 3' - snobs edition

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wot, no Wendys

Beats McDonalds and Burger King hands down

If their 99p burger is anything to go by, nope.

We should have tried a better meal but if they can’t get a simple budget burger right, I don’t hold much hope.

A tiny rectangle of cold, slimy, grey meat.

Lovely bit of squirrel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Subway is awful. A court in Ireland recently ruled that their "bread" is in fact confectionery. And what's the weird smell about?

Not to mention just how awful their business practices are.

They can, and frequently do, sell a franchise in a town then happily sell another franchise in the next street.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not to mention just how awful their business practices are.

They can, and frequently do, sell a franchise in a town then happily sell another franchise in the next street.

Yeah, the Last Week Tonight exposé was quite illuminating. You'd have to be a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic to become a Subway franchisee.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Burger King (far superior to Maccy D's, love the bacon double cheesburger).
Pizza Express - I actually think they're pretty good. Great for families, kids etc.
Pret - seems a bit upmarket compared to the rest of the selections, but one of the better of its type and a million better than Star*cks.

Wetherspoon's a tricky one - they actually usually have a decent selection of beers at ridiculously cheap prices and great for cheap (microwaved) grub, but unfortunately Tim Martin is an absolute a**hole, so they can do one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pret food is tasteless. I’m not being facetious. I find it literally tastes of nothing. They chill everything to a far too cold temperature too. So everything just tastes cold.

Leon is rather nice. A good alternative to all the processed meat shapes people call a meal these days.

In the last year or so before I gave up fast food I started to loathe McDonald’s and a few others because of the delivery people crowded inside and outside of the places.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Gregg's
Wagamamas..... and
Five Guys or Frankie and Benny's because I've never been in either and they'r probably better than the others.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had a Pizza Express the other week in Haywards Heath. I love a Pizza Express and the friends I was with have children which PE caters for well. But by ‘eck! It’s prices have gone up. £15 for a pizza. Cheese on toast basically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here