Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "The world is a complete mess...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and then there’s Brighton & Hove Albion."

Also:

"In so many ways, modern football is soul-destroying nonsense. Then there’s Brighton & Hove Albion."

Nestled in here...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In that Gilmour interview he gives a good insight into RDZ - ‘turn forward and face forward so you can see the whole pitch’. It’s what differentiates RDZ from other managers like Potter. It’s caution to the wind in its glory. The fans are actually getting this hence the reaction to the West Ham defeat was pretty ‘oh well’ and acceptant on here and in person when I’ve heard it discussed which is great.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
In that Gilmour interview he gives a good insight into RDZ - ‘turn forward and face forward so you can see the whole pitch’. It’s what differentiates RDZ from other managers like Potter. It’s caution to the wind in its glory. The fans are actually getting this hence the reaction to the West Ham defeat was pretty ‘oh well’ and acceptant on here and in person when I’ve heard it discussed which is great.
I agree with most of that, but there was more acceptance in some quarters than others. I felt we ran the full range from “it is what is” to “we’ve been worked out and we’ll never win a football match again.”

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I felt we ran the full range from “it is what is” to “we’ve been worked out and we’ll never win a football match again.”
Anyone saying 'we've been worked out' will have said the same before and they'll say the same again.

It's no bad thing that you don't have to really understand football to be a fan and enjoy it. We just need to accept that a lot of opinions on players and tactics are absolute bobbins.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I agree with most of that, but there was more acceptance in some quarters than others. I felt we ran the full range from “it is what is” to “we’ve been worked out and we’ll never win a football match again.”

Anyone saying 'we've been worked out' will have said the same before and they'll say the same again.

It's no bad thing that you don't have to really understand football to be a fan and enjoy it. We just need to accept that a lot of opinions on players and tactics are absolute bobbins.
The great thing with the way we play and our flexibility, is that we can be 'worked out' - but then a week later, we play totally differently - and they're all back to Square One in trying to work us out again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here