Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The very definition of optimistic

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Two of the remaining Brighton games are at what could be described as a bogey-stadium.

I'm hoping for the best but the current position is probably as high as it gets this season.

They didnt

Obviously one would like to do better, but I’d be absolutely delighted to stay in 9th.

Highest ever finish in the Premier League, highest ever points total in that league with three games to go.
Three away games won in style in April when we entered the month being reminded that we had never won a Premier League match in April.

What’s not to like!!!:albion2::albion2:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Indeed, Sheffield United couldn't buy a win before a relegation not so long ago but once confirmed they won their final four games

_20220501_190917.JPG

But they didn't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having slept on it I have lowered my sights to just giving United a thumping at the Amex as the one result I would settle for over the next three games. Yes, even above beating Dirty at Elland Road.

Time to avenge the five shots off the woodwork game and the defeat at OT which resulted in our slump to no wins in 11 (?) having totally dominated the first half of that game.

I also know quite a few United fans who are still taking the piss that we lost to an underperforming United team, I’d like to be able to gloat over the summer months :lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Having slept on it I have lowered my sights to just giving United a thumping at the Amex as the one result I would settle for over the next three games. Yes, even above beating Dirty at Elland Road.

Time to avenge the five shots off the woodwork game and the defeat at OT which resulted in our slump to no wins in 11 (?) having totally dominated the first half of that game.

I also know quite a few United fans who are still taking the piss that we lost to an underperforming United team, I’d like to be able to gloat over the summer months :lolol:

I reckon we can have Manure, even at our bogey ground. They are not so much on the Beach, more on the Rocks...:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon we can have Manure, even at our bogey ground. They are not so much on the Beach, more on the Rocks...:lolol:

You’d think but you’re not new here so you know what normally happens when we EXPECT to win a game :down:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Unfortunately, being unable to even beat an egg at the Amex - our target has to be 12th and the rightful title of best ever (statistically) side in Brighton’s history.

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011
Obviously one would like to do better, but I’d be absolutely delighted to stay in 9th.

Highest ever finish in the Premier League, highest ever points total in that league with three games to go.
Three away games won in style in April when we entered the month being reminded that we had never won a Premier League match in April.

What’s not to like!!!:albion2::albion2:

The chance of GP winning the dreaded MotM award?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got to aim for the stars to hit the moon, but I’d be happy with a top 10 finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The last thing we want at this stage of our development as a decent Premier League team is to have to play in a European competition.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
The last thing we want at this stage of our development as a decent Premier League team is to have to play in a European competition.

Nailed it. I don’t normally subscribe to conspiracy theories, but is there a chance that Neal Maupay was under instructions to miss the penalty against Norwich?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Well quite. And we shouldn't even bother entering the FA Cup in case we were to win that. Putting all our effort into the cups might cost us a top half finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here