Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Summer 2022 players other clubs signed, aka "Why weren't we in for him?" thread

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
If we'd picked up an unhappy Olivier Giroud last summer he'd have been celebrating getting the Albion into Europe instead of Serie A title.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two signings >>>

Leeds have signed Brendan Aaronson - attacking midfielder for c£25m
https://theathletic.com/news/leeds-brenden-aaronson-transfer-rb-salzburg/LWuaF3acYPoF/

Villa have signed centre back Diego Carlos from Sevilla FC - rumours its between £30 and £40m
https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1529854749138378753

FFS we had better pull our fingers out, have we not learned anything since Huddersfield hoovered up every non top six player. Tick Tock

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’m sceptical about this guy. Poor scoring record before this season. Last time I looked something like 11 of his 22 goals were against teams who finished in the bottom 5/6 of the Championship. & when the leagues top scorer is on over 40, 22 goals in 46 games isn’t that impressive.

Ha ! Don't upset the fella who scored 23 in 45 for us in 2016/17.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Other than 2 or 3 U21/23s for the future seasons like Enciso I don't think we'll be signing anyone - unless as a direct replacement for a top star 1st team player.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
FFS we had better pull our fingers out, have we not learned anything since Huddersfield hoovered up every non top six player. Tick Tock

LOLz. I remember well some of the bed wetting because Huddersfield had stolen a march despite the fact that we’d signed Pascal Groß - definitely the best purchase of that first season - before they’d even been promoted.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd like to see a list of the 2021 summer signings which we complained we weren't in for, and how they actually did.

We know we were in for Nunez, and he seemed to do alright. But the ones we weren't in for?

There was Eduoard, played 31, goals 6. Afam Armstrong, played 28, goals 2. Who else comes to mind?

One had noticed neither of those two had done much - particularly Armstrong, given where I live.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Other than 2 or 3 U21/23s for the future seasons like Enciso I don't think we'll be signing anyone - unless as a direct replacement for a top star 1st team player.

I agree that it’ll mostly be like-for-like signings (probably Bissouma out), although I reckon that we’ll sign a left-footed centre back in addition to JPvH coming in, and probably with Duffy leaving.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree that it’ll mostly be like-for-like signings (probably Bissouma out), although I reckon that we’ll sign a left-footed centre back in addition to JPvH coming in, and probably with Duffy leaving.
It's almost as if Matt Clarke, Hayden Roberts and Alex Cochrane aren't already here ...............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here