Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The official Rome Aperol Spritz (and possibly Negroni) thread!!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
@Herr Tubthumper you have a most peculiar taste in meals! Pardon the intrusion into your personal life but I’ve deduced from your posts on here over the years that you partially reside in a similar quarter to myself in central Hove. With that in mind what on earth do you eat when over here?! I don’t believe any of the Italian cafes in George St or Church Rd are serving up such delights.

Sincerely and with warm wishes

Intrigued of Central Hove

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
@Herr Tubthumper you have a most peculiar taste in meals! Pardon the intrusion into your personal life but I’ve deduced from your posts on here over the years that you partially reside in a similar quarter to myself in central Hove. With that in mind what on earth do you eat when over here?! I don’t believe any of the Italian cafes in George St or Church Rd are serving up such delights.

He emigrated from Hove to Berlin many years ago.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Is this a competition to eat the weirdest thing?. I'm sure they are all delicious mind you..

Just heading to a restaurant in San Lorenzo so I'll see if they serve any oddities

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this a competition to eat the weirdest thing?. I'm sure they are all delicious mind you..

Just heading to a restaurant in San Lorenzo so I'll see if they serve any oddities
Just been to a restaurant in that area myself:

Pommidoro dal 1890 Ristorante​

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I used to live in that area but moved 11 years ago. But to try and answer your question I always liked liver as a kid but redeveloped an interest in offal a a number of years ago after visiting St John and then Barcelona. I know it’s popular in Rome so hit a few places I’d read about. It’s something I try when it’s available.

But you are correct, it’s not a common commodity in Hove and numerous other cities Berlin included.

I have also been to a few other “regular” Roman places for pasta dishes…both old and modern. It’s a fantastic food city.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I should also add there’s an element of exploration as there were some items from Rome which I have never tried before.

I also like to “see” countries and cities through their food, drink and restaurant culture which is also contributed to my Roma diet.

All good just landed back home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That looks like an excellent cheese board. But were there any biscuits? I don’t like it when they just give you some stale baguette to go with it
It was very good. It came with bread but i didn’t eat any…I rarely eat the bread or biscuits in a restaurant as I’m usually running out of space . Home it’s a different matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here