Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The much needed Fridat night drinking thread.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Amidst all this transfer shenanigans and so on and so forth I need a refreshing drink on this mighty fine Fridat evening and as such am sampling some very cold Maison Sassy Brut French Cidre....absolutely perfect! Have a safe and happy Fridat you lovely N.S.C.ers.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Amidst all this transfer shenanigans and so on and so forth I need a refreshing drink on this mighty fine Fridat evening and as such am sampling some very cold Maison Sassy Brut French Cidre....absolutely perfect! Have a safe and happy Fridat you lovely N.S.C.ers.

And a very happy Fridat to you too wbd.

P.S. I don't know what I'm drinking tonight. The wife has gone out for a walk and said she'd come home with a surprise package.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Indeed time to drink again. Was only two days ago but sometimes summers are like that.

I've gone from "shitfaced with style" to just "shitfaced" in the last six weeks. Broke a bone in my foot while tripping over something and falling to the ground just some six weeks ago and last week I fell over again and most likely ruptured my old damaged ACL. Looking like a proper ****ing idiot when I walk currently with this double limp.

While thoughts like "maybe I should go to the gym once in a while" or "maybe I don't have to drink the entire vodka when I'm at it" did pass through my head... the biggest thought is definitely "shit, I'm getting old". The three times I've fallen over in the last year I've felt like "oh shit I'm gonna die here, well nevermind... but hmm it would be a bit embarrasing"... DEFINITELY did not feel like that in my 20s.

But yeah it will be vodka and beer tonight somewhere on the streets of Lund.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just polished off a Provence rose from marks and sparks

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I shall be having a large drop of Aber Falls Welsh single malt whisky later. I bought it out of curiosity (and because it was reduced to £20 :lolol:). I don't like drinking early evening so can't give an opinion on it yet. I like just a late relaxing nightcap at the weekend these days but looking forward to it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Shift worker here so it’s quite rare for the Mrs and I both to have a Friday off together with nothing on tomorrow. Nice bottle of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc to start…. Likely followed by a second :cheers:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm making my way through a case of Estrella.
I've heard that if you drink enough your hair turns ****ing massive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Took the dog for a walk earlier. Bumped into [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] on my way out and a mate from football was outside The Foghorn and got me a nice IPA, name of beer forgotten, to sit and drink "while the dog cooled down".

Just home and having a nice glass of Barolo.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All day on the beach so a crisp bottle of white

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just polished off a bottle of Aldi's Chianti. Great value for money and my favourite red now.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Just having my first dram of Welsh whisky and it's surprisingly good for a three year old single malt. I wouldn't buy it at full price but it's very enjoyable with more depth than I was expecting. One more small one and then off to bed ready for an early morning hike along the South Downs Way with good friends tomorrow. Bliss.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
About 4 Jacobsen Yakima IPAs during a gig, then went to the TOØL BRUS brew pub and had an Eat Sleep Dave Repeat black IPA, a TØOL Brokild Brown brown ale and a Twisted reality DIPA. Kopenhagen is great!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More than several half pints drunk at the CAMRA festival in Lewes, the best of which was Oakham Citra.

Agree with you on Oakham Citra, it’s a great pint

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here