Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The late but Offical Match Thread: Holland v Mexico***

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Surprise surprise, Robben buys another penalty. Feel very sorry for Mexico.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mexico brought that on themselves. Too negative after taking the lead. Reminded me of Brighton.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another sickener for the better team, same as Brazil game last night.

Exactly this ^. I think Holland set up strange here, although to be fair they did start to get on top as the game wore on.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
91 mins and 1-1, defender sticks in his leg!

Who wouldn't attempt for the penalty...seriously?

I still think Holland will win it!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If that was England and Sturridge in Robbens position he would have attempted to pass/shoot, miss passed and we would be out.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I found it comical when Robben broke into the box and jumped over a lunging defender, and the commentator said, 'He should of gone down there, as he would have got a penalty...' Do come on, he had an opportunity to get a shot off at the goal ffs! We all KNOW he only goes down when he is up a blind alley, or has lost control of the ball. The split second from the initial, usually minimal, contact, to the flailing arms and legs tumble, is when his noddle says, 'Go down...' Worked a treat again today :wink:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The experts were saying that the defender gifted Robben to opportunity for contact.

What was he supposed to do? Let him run unchallenged. What about the next defender in line? Stand out the way and allow Robben a free reign of the box?

Not one person on the goggle box laid blame at Robben for engineering a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here