Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'i' Transfer Window Verdict on Brighton. I enjoyed this.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
– Buy several new players who are either young enough not to have appeared on the radar of mainstream football supporters or have been signed from clubs so exotic for the same ignorance to occur. That ignorance does not come with any shame, you understand. I did not know who Simon Adingra was before July.

– Crucially, do not buy a readymade centre-forward. Deniz Undav is now at Brighton after a loan spell in the second half of last season, but even he seems to require time to settle. Julio Enciso, an 18-year-old forward, has been signed from Paraguayan club Libertad. There can be no more a Graham Potter’s Brighton sentence than that. He’ll probably be absolutely brilliant in three years and a Big Six club will pay £40m for him and ruin him.

Read more here

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...erdict-fans-graham-potter-trust-plans-1830669

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You liked it so much you stole it for everybody here. :ffsparr:

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
You liked it so much you stole it for everybody here. :ffsparr:

Stole it how? I don't subscribe to the 'i' and I found it free on the net. Or am I missing something?

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Courtesy. Respect. An understanding of online publishing or copyright.

Then I apologise for my ignorance. I read something I found interesting and that I thought other fans would also enjoy. If the media are saying things about the club are we not allowed to share them here?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Then I apologise for my ignorance. I read something I found interesting and that I thought other fans would also enjoy. If the media are saying things about the club are we not allowed to share them here?

You've posted an article in full, with no link.

How do you think professional journalism is funded?!

You're killing engagement with the online article (figures on which, ultimately, the article and author are judged) and depriving the publisher of any revenue from it.

That's some payback for an article you 'enjoyed'.

Here's the article for anyone who wants to payback - with a simple click. https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...erdict-fans-graham-potter-trust-plans-1830669

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Didn’t you know any of that then?

There are plenty of posts by fans asking about whether we are under the radar etc. It's my belief that many fans are interested in what the media has to say about our club. Whether I knew about it myself already isn't really the point of sharing it.
Had a tough week?

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
You've posted an article in full, with no link.

How do you think professional journalism is funded?!

You're killing engagement with the online article (figures on which, ultimately, the article and author are judged) and depriving the publisher of any revenue from it.

That's some payback for an article you 'enjoyed'.

Here's the article for anyone who wants to payback - with a simple click. https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...erdict-fans-graham-potter-trust-plans-1830669

Thank you. Good points. Had I posted it with a link to the article would that have been acceptable?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There are plenty of posts by fans asking about whether we are under the radar etc. It's my belief that many fans are interested in what the media has to say about our club. Whether I knew about it myself already isn't really the point of sharing it.
Had a tough week?

I think Wozza is saying it's okay to share it if it is via the original link, rather than by copy and pasting the story.

By copying the link the publisher then receives the traffic that they and the author deserve.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thank you. Good points. Had I posted it with a link to the article would that have been acceptable?

Sorry to pick on you. Had a bad day.

A few paragraphs and a link would be appropriate - imo.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I think Wozza is saying it's okay to share it if it is via the original link, rather than by copy and pasting the story.

By copying the link the publisher then receive the traffic that they and the author deserve.

Thank you, I understand now. I apologise to all. My aim was only to share something I thought others would enjoy. Good intention. Poor execution.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Sorry to pick on you. Had a bad day.

A few paragraphs and a link would be appropriate - imo.

No worries at all.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"At any other club, supporters would be angrily protesting about the lack of a high-class striker"......

Hmmmmm...... :flounce:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, that's a feel-good article and I agree with most of it, though it fails to mention we had the same type of window and start to last season, only to go 11 without a win until Boxing Day, scoring just 7 goals.

Welbeck missed most of those matches with injury and our lack of striker option to replace an out of form Maupay killed us.

We bounced back once he regained his match fitness, but we risk the same thing happening again if Welbeck gets injured unless Undav / Ferguson are ready to fill in.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, that's a feel-good article and I agree with most of it, though it fails to mention we had the same type of window and start to last season, only to go 11 without a win until Boxing Day, scoring just 7 goals.

Welbeck missed most of those matches with injury and our lack of striker option to replace an out of form Maupay killed us.

We bounced back once he regained his match fitness, but we risk the same thing happening again if Welbeck gets injured unless Undav / Ferguson are ready to fill in.

And therein lies the problem. Big risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] is absolutely correct. Please do NOT post full articles here and ALWAYS include a link. It's just basic courtesy to the writer.

I've edited the OP to read how it should be done.

That said, it's a really good assessment of how we operate and very much worth a read. Please click the link. Kudos to [MENTION=15286]7oaksgull[/MENTION] for finding it.

boik

Is that the same Maupay who we shouldn't have sold in case Welbeck gets injured?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is that the same Maupay who we shouldn't have sold in case Welbeck gets injured?
We’ve just seen Maupay in action still missing sitters. Saying that from the clubs hierarchy to the coach and now some supporters the words sign a striker is on par with blasphemy. The Austrian striker Wolves signed Sasha K would of been a decent signing for the Maupay money big lad can hold the ball up and knows where the goal is.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here