[Albion] The Fag End Of The Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Another incentive would be to finish above Palarse and in fairness to them that has not been the case for quite some time.

Well there we go, someone said it out loud. So we can all wave goodbye to that now...

el punal

Geography not your strongest point? I mean it's your Yeovil who is your real Worzel innit?

Though maybe not now they have departed the Football League.

No, I’m very good on geography - it’s just that anything west of Bournemouth is south west England and therefore full of cider drinkers, barmaids who say “yes my lovely”, everyone goes “ooh arrh”, pretty cows in the field and the village idiot sitting on the five bar gate.

All the above is of course tongue in cheek if I move the piece of straw from my mouth. :cheers:

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Just can't be positive for this one, the 9 wins stat seems to haunt us, one season we got our ninth in march then went 10 games without a win or something like that although I think we'll get 2 draws, one at wolves tomorrow and west ham end of season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just can't be positive for this one, the 9 wins stat seems to haunt us, one season we got our ninth in march then went 10 games without a win or something like that although I think we'll get 2 draws, one at wolves tomorrow and west ham end of season

In Hughton's 2nd PL season we had our 9th win of the season away to Palace in March on game 29 and then only secured 3 points in the next 9 games.
Three draws from Wolves (A), Arsenal (A) and Newcastle (H). And Defeats to Southampton (H), Chelsea (A), Bournemouth (H), Cardiff (H), Spurs (A), Man City (A) to finish 17th.
Cardiff who finished 18th actually had 10 wins that season but fewer draws and 9 defeats out of the last 12 including a 3-2 defeat to Palace sent them down instead of us.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's a narrow view but looking at goals scored / conceded by us and Wolves:

Brighton: 31 scored / 42 conceded
Wolves: 33 scored / 29 conceded

Would say tomorrow probably isn't going to be a goalfest.

Interestingly only Burnley (29) and Norwich (22) have scored fewer goals than us.

I know nothing about football.

Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports