Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The EFL Trophy 23/24 Thread

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Our U21s have been drawn in a group with Forest Green Rovers, Shrewsbury Town & Walsall.

Dates for the group games are yet to be confirmed. The top two teams from each group will qualify for the knockout stages of the competition, which takes place on a regional basis until the quarter-final stage.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can we swap with Villa U21s to be a bit more convenient for us (and them for that matter)
Group A: Forest Green Rovers, Shrewsbury Town, Walsall, Brighton & Hove Albion U21.
Group B: Charlton Athletic, Crawley Town, Sutton United, Aston Villa U21.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That is a brilliant draw for me in Wales. I reckon all three grounds are about the same distance from home for me….

edit: Shrewsbury 83.8 miles, 2 hours 6 minutes.
Walsall 97.4 miles, 1 hour 49 minutes.
FGR 71.8 miles, 1 hour 25 minutes.

BRILLIANT

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
That is a brilliant draw for me in Wales. I reckon all three grounds are about the same distance from home for me….

BRILLIANT

Sounds like you'll get to all 3 quicker than I can get to the Amex from Hove on matchday :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BRILLIANT
Add another two hours to actually find Forest Green's ground!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

BRILLIANT
It's as if I picked the teams out of the hat myself,will tick off Shrewsbury ( new ground) looking forward to it,always seems to throw up a player who stands out, Sarmiento at Walsall was unplayable for 45 minutes in the same competition.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's as if I picked the teams out of the hat myself,will tick off Shrewsbury ( new ground) looking forward to it,always seems to throw up a player who stands out, Sarmiento at Walsall was unplayable for 45 minutes in the same competition.
Ferguson’s rocket shot at FGR (or was that in the FA Cup?) is another. You’re never quite sure who’ll make it but it’s great seeing some of these kids go on to the first team, it’s a competition I really look forward to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here