Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The correct ratio of water to juice?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Just been trying out this new quadruple strength squash... Blimey it's hard work to get the right amount, any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Try using an egg cup or shot glass to measure it out or a thimble if it's that strong. Once you've got it as you like it, remember it!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just been trying out this new quadruple strength squash... Blimey it's hard work to get the right amount, any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Isn't the ratio shown on the label?

Always used to be a ratio of 1:4. I assume double strength was then 1:8 and the quadruple is surely 1:16!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't the ratio shown on the label?

Always used to be a ratio of 1:4. I assume double strength was then 1:8 and the quadruple is surely 1:16!

According to the Tescos own quadruple strength bottle its 1 part juice to 19 parts water.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Surely everyone knows their preferred ratio by now

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Depends how you like it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure 70s Ribena was about 4 times as concentrated as any other squash, so maybe use that as a guide :)

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My mrs likes her squash so weak it’s almost homeopathic with a mere suggestion of squash in the water.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair, this is an absolute MINEFIELD

I'm a big fan of taking an ice-cold flask of juice up to bed, complete with icecubes. Lime juice cordial is basically liquid acid, so must be used frugally. Likewise Tesco orange squash, which is remarkably potent in small portions.

If in doubt, less is more. If there's too much fruit mixer in the ice cold flask, then the chances are it will be a bit "sticky", meaning after a few glugs, you'll wake up an hour later with a mouth drier than Gandhi's flip-flop. I favour a more watery texture. With a few icecubes to munch on (the missus LOVES listening to that at 3am - trust me).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here