Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Capture

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I am really struggling with the Confession. It is a really really depressing watch, but very well done. After every episode I think “I’m done with this, too unsettling” but I come back for more. Never was “The Law is an ass” truer after the last episode. The fact that it is based on a true story makes it worse.

I'm finding this a really hard watch as its just too close to home. One aspect of the story they've missed though is that Halliwell was known to the victims. He built up trust with families as a driver they could rely on. Over time, families would prebook, asking for him by name, to ferry their teenagers around. When Sian saw him outside the nightclub that night, she got in his cab because she trusted him. She probably would not have got in any other unbooked cab. A close friend of mine knew him well and had complete faith in him to drive his daughters to parties etc. They could so easily have become victims of his - its a horrible chilling thought and your heart goes out to the victims' families.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm finding this a really hard watch as its just too close to home. One aspect of the story they've missed though is that Halliwell was known to the victims. He built up trust with families as a driver they could rely on. Over time, families would prebook, asking for him by name, to ferry their teenagers around. When Sian saw him outside the nightclub that night, she got in his cab because she trusted him. She probably would not have got in any other unbooked cab. A close friend of mine knew him well and had complete faith in him to drive his daughters to parties etc. They could so easily have become victims of his - its a horrible chilling thought and your heart goes out to the victims' families.

Wow! I guess because nobody else knew Sian was in his cab was the motivation in thinking he might get away with it. Horrific

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Wow! I guess because nobody else knew Sian was in his cab was the motivation in thinking he might get away with it. Horrific

Yes exactly - and that situation is what he had been deliberately engineering by building up the trust, until such a time that he could 'happen upon' one of them and offer them an unbooked journey.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've watched the first 3 episodes - having worked many years in various secure government environments it was easy to pick some holes.

If you left your workstation in GCHQ without locking [Win] + "L" you would be on a disciplinary in front of HR - seen this happen at least twice.
Also, tapping into a corporate CCTV might be plausible, but these don't include any AUDIO so you can't hear what anyone is saying - to portray this is fairy-tale.

That said, the concept of "CORRECTION" is quite mind opening and a death-knell for the truth ....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've watched the first 3 episodes - having worked many years in various secure government environments it was easy to pick some holes.

If you left your workstation in GCHQ without locking [Win] + "L" you would be on a disciplinary in front of HR - seen this happen at least twice.
Also, tapping into a corporate CCTV might be plausible, but these don't include any AUDIO so you can't hear what anyone is saying - to portray this is fairy-tale.

That said, the concept of "CORRECTION" is quite mind opening and a death-knell for the truth ....

Loved the ending tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here