Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The best pub in - Manchester

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So I find myself in Manchester this afternoon with an off peak return and as much time as I'd like to use it.

I've just had my professional review so could really do with a drink. Or more to the point, a few.

Where would people recommend?

:cheers: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So I find myself in Manchester this afternoon with an off peak return and as much time as I'd like to use it.

I've just had my professional review so could really do with a drink. Or more to the point, a few.

Where would people recommend?

:cheers: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Well I guess it depends what you want to drink but personally I would head to the Marble Arch.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Well I guess it depends what you want to drink but personally I would head to the Marble Arch.

Ah, that's the one recommended in the Beer Drinker's Bucket List, or whatever that book's called. I was trying to remember where that was last night.

Sadly, closed on Tuesdays apparently.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ah, that's the one recommended in the Beer Drinker's Bucket List, or whatever that book's called. I was trying to remember where that was last night.

Sadly, closed on Tuesdays apparently.

It's a cracking boozer. Bugger about it being a Tuesday.

Was going to suggest going to Marble's tap room in the Northern Quarter but a quick google tells me that is gone now. https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/marble-bowing-out-northern-quarter-18845611

Not being much help here.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Can't help at all, but following the thread in advance of the upcoming game :drink:

I drink in horrible dives, so you don't have to.

I had a couple in the Briton's Protection, something like the oldest pub in Manchester. Nice place, had a chat about cricket with a lovely couple from Darwen. Would recommend.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Britons Protection is a famous old pub. So named after the Peterloo massacre for anyone into their history.
Also the meeting place for many famous Manchester musicians.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love The Crown And Anchor (near Sinclairs) as I like Holts Lager. I also like The Lloyds Hotel in Chorlton, or if I’m roughing it, The Spread Eagle opposite.

I like Sinclairs! A regular stop off for my lot when we played in or around Manchester. But then I do like Sam Smiths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here