[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You are probably correct in your assumption that I haven't "spouted" this theory after " Palace, West Ham, Southampton, and Brentford".

However, I am fairly certain I have at some point in the past, posted that I didn't think Maupay was even close to being a top Premier League goal scorer.

In my defence, I don't train with the playing staff week in and week out. I thought ( obviously wrongly it seems ) that the managers job was to survey his playing staff and work out ( in less than two years ) that maybe, just maybe.... Maupay,s skills do not suit his playing methods.

How is your theory anywhere near being correct given that when Maupay was in the team we spent most of the time in approximately the same league table position as we are in right now ? There are other much more significant factors influencing current form such as the dominance of our new look midfield and return to confident form of Sanchez. Maupay is one piece in the jigsaw but I don’t understand why people are claiming with utter confidence a causation between results and his absence when all that can actually be inferred is a recent correlation.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Getting at least two of Caicedo, Mwepu and Bissouma in the team is probably the key. If Maupay’s absence is key, why isn’t Lallana’s or Moder’s?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The same here. Biss crying out for help.

Propper and Stephens had no pace.

Pace and mobility, which seem slightly different to me.

When things go right for us, we are genuinely fantastic. How we have turned things around from that awful run. Credit to the manager and players there, I notice Cucurella pointing out the excellent team spirit in his interview yesterday. The complete opposite of Man U.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports