Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thanks For The Hospitality

Mar 21, 2023
Hi Brighton Supporters

Grimsby Town supporter here in piece. I just wanted to come On here and thank you ever so much for such great hospitality Sunday! The team has done so well beating 3 league one teams, a championship team and premier league team to reach our first ever quarter final since 1939. Me and my family arrived by coach around 11am and from that moment, we had numerous Brighton supporters making us feel massive welcome. I never went into the game expecting a win, although 1 goal would have been ace for us fans, but it wasn't to be

The moment we shared with our players at the end of the game is a moment I was proud to share with my family!

You have a very good team. March and mitoma taking you to Europe!!

I hope you go on and win the FA CUP.

All The Best For The Rest Of The Season.

Up Thd Harry Haddocks
Up The Mariners

Thanks again Brighton

Tom - Grimsby Town Supporter

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks. I hope that we're at the stage where we haven't (yet) forgotten where we came from. Especially us older fans. There was a thread on here earlier about Grimsby memories. Almost all of them (including mine) talked about cold trips to Cleethorpes and miserable defeats.

Big Six fans tend to sneer at us, they see us as upstart provincial nobodies. (The Man City fans at Wembley when we were last in the Semi Final were particularly graceless: "You've had your day out, now f*ck off home!"). Consequently I'm really pleased that we still feel a level of solidarity with our brethren at 'proper' local clubs.

One of the best comments from a Grimsby fan I read said that wasn't your Cup Final, that was your open top bus parade. It was a chance for the players, management and fans to bond and celebrate the progress made so far. And maybe also think: "Well, Brighton did it!"

All the best for the future.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nice words Tom, thanks.

I’d like to think we are a fairly unique set of Premier League club fans, never forgetting that just 26 years ago we so very nearly didn’t have a club to support, and for that very reason will not become all “billy big bollox” about being Premier League now.

Having supported Brighton since the mid 70’s, I’ve seen us play in all 4 divisions of the league, and now I struggle to get my head around the fact that when a lower league club get a possible giant killing cup tie, we are the “giant”. It’s weird.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I loved seeing the Grimsby fans soaking up the day and revelling their club's achievement. Like others here, I remember only too well where we were. Although I love what we are doing now, and enjoy the Amex, I don't consider my experience to be in any way superior to what we had 20 or more years ago. I loved my club then as I love it now. In some ways I miss it when we were 'smaller'. But it's the hope of better things that drives us through the bad times and Grimsby have given their fans a lot of hope recently. My hope for them is that this is the start of a period of success on the pitch and that they will use the money and experience wisely. Good luck to them, they are a great club with enthusiastic and passionate fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks Tom, it was a game that result aside (fortunately for us) encapsulated all that’s magical about the FA Cup

We won’t forget where we came from I hope, and this book’s title about more than 50 years of following the Albion name checks Grimsby in the title.

Your fans were fabulous on Sunday :thumbsup:

E564441A-725D-43F8-BFBD-2AADE08B70C7.jpeg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks. I hope that we're at the stage where we haven't (yet) forgotten where we came from. Especially us older fans. There was a thread on here earlier about Grimsby memories. Almost all of them (including mine) talked about cold trips to Cleethorpes and miserable defeats.

Big Six fans tend to sneer at us, they see us as upstart provincial nobodies. (The Man City fans at Wembley when we were last in the Semi Final were particularly graceless: "You've had your day out, now f*ck off home!"). Consequently I'm really pleased that we still feel a level of solidarity with our brethren at 'proper' local clubs.

One of the best comments from a Grimsby fan I read said that wasn't your Cup Final, that was your open top bus parade. It was a chance for the players, management and fans to bond and celebrate the progress made so far. And maybe also think: "Well, Brighton did it!"

All the best for the future.
Hi Chap,

Although I will not be there, perhaps we should respond to City/United with ‘f*** off, to the Super League, f*** off, to the Super League’. Etc, etc……..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nice words Tom, thanks.

I’d like to think we are a fairly unique set of Premier League club fans, never forgetting that just 26 years ago we so very nearly didn’t have a club to support, and for that very reason will not become all “billy big bollox” about being Premier League now.

Indeed. As Baz Lurman said,
"Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much
Or berate yourself either
Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's"

We're just lucky for Tony Bloom.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Nice words Tom, thank you. Glad you enjoyed the day.

"We're Brighton & Hove Albion. We never forget".

kjgood

Hi Brighton Supporters

Grimsby Town supporter here in piece. I just wanted to come On here and thank you ever so much for such great hospitality Sunday! The team has done so well beating 3 league one teams, a championship team and premier league team to reach our first ever quarter final since 1939. Me and my family arrived by coach around 11am and from that moment, we had numerous Brighton supporters making us feel massive welcome. I never went into the game expecting a win, although 1 goal would have been ace for us fans, but it wasn't to be

The moment we shared with our players at the end of the game is a moment I was proud to share with my family!

You have a very good team. March and mitoma taking you to Europe!!

I hope you go on and win the FA CUP.

All The Best For The Rest Of The Season.

Up Thd Harry Haddocks
Up The Mariners

Thanks again Brighton

Tom - Grimsby Town Supporter
Thanks Tom, what a great performance from your club to get as far as they did in the competition. I must admit to being strangely nervous before the game for some reason but you and your fellow supporters did your club proud just as the team and management and coaching staff did. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here