Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teddy Maybank Q and A

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hi Teddy, is it true you once knocked yourself out in the dugout at The Goldstone when you jumped up after we had scored a goal and hit your head on the dugout roof?
:clap:
No, he did that at an away game at Leyton Orient after Paul Clark hit a 30 yard piledriver which won us the game 1-0. 17th December 1977.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Get him to talk you through the curled 25 yarder away to Luton when we were one down, and our first ever goal in the top division at Villa.

Tell him I’m very sorry for stalking him as a star struck 10 year old 😂😂😂

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Get him to talk you through the curled 25 yarder away to Luton when we were one down, and our first ever goal in the top division at Villa.

Tell him I’m very sorry for stalking him as a star struck 10 year old 😂😂😂
I remember that goal at Luton. Vital goal in the 1978/79 run in when it was only two points for a win, so a draw away was a decent point. Free kick right in front of the Albion fans.
I wasn't his greatest fan but that was probably his most important goal for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does he remember this game? I do :lolol:

I also remember (I think) him scoring an equaliser at the Victoria Ground, Stoke. Midweek game I went to alone for Gerry Ryan’s debut, there were less than 20 Albion fans there. My car got broken into back in Brighton as I forgot to lock it when I got back in the early hours of the morning :down:

I also got a push from Stoke fans outside the ground when my heap of shit Alfa Spider refused to start after the game.

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
A mate of mine did some painting and decorating for him in about 78/79 i think it was Cromwell Road , had a MASSIVE crush on his wife , just wondered how straight his lines were ;)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ask him on behalf of Nige Erskine’s long departed dad John, is he still 6ft 2in of **** ?

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Did he mind us nicking Whites lemonade bottles from outside his house in Holmes Avenue and cashing them in at the Amherst Crescent Post office for 5p a time?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Cracking afternoon at the Hove Club, Teddy was on fine form, along with Chris Cattlin who was also in attendance.

Q and A went well, Ted giving us an insight into ‘mind games’

As an 18 year old Teddy made his debut for Chelsea against Spurs in 1975, a game held up for serious crowd trouble (check out you tube)

He was marked by Phil Beal, who later played for the Albion, early in the game Beal goes up to Teddy and says “Are you Teddy Maybank?”

Teddy commented yesterday that he’s initial thought was that Beal hadn’t looked at the programme 😂

Teddy replied yes, to which Beal said “ Thought so, I f***ed your sister”

Teddy then spent the next 15 mins or so of the game thinking about what had been said, and then went back to Beal and said “How do you know my sister?, she’s only 15”

Point of the story was, wily old pro gets in young players head and stops him concentrating on the game, at that time Chelsea were fighting relegation, Ted said lesson learned nearly 50 years ago ⚽

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Cracking afternoon at the Hove Club, Teddy was on fine form, along with Chris Cattlin who was also in attendance.

Q and A went well, Ted giving us an insight into ‘mind games’

As an 18 year old Teddy made his debut for Chelsea against Spurs in 1975, a game held up for serious crowd trouble (check out you tube)

He was marked by Phil Beal, who later played for the Albion, early in the game Beal goes up to Teddy and says “Are you Teddy Maybank?”

Teddy commented yesterday that he’s initial thought was that Beal hadn’t looked at the programme 😂

Teddy replied yes, to which Beal said “ Thought so, I f***ed your sister”

Teddy then spent the next 15 mins or so of the game thinking about what had been said, and then went back to Beal and said “How do you know my sister?, she’s only 15”

Point of the story was, wily old pro gets in young players head and stops him concentrating on the game, at that time Chelsea were fighting relegation, Ted said lesson learned nearly 50 years ago ⚽
And the Forest game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here