Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teargas Gate 36 hours on

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It wasn't that thick to be honest.
Once I smelt it I went up the stairs and luckily there was no panic of pushing and shoving.
To be honest I think the majority of fans down there have never known the smell of CS Gas therefore we're unaware of what was wafting through to them.
Then you were lucky, and probably one of the first to get up the stairs. Most of us were stuck on or near those stairs for what seemed liked a long time (a long time in a tear gas cloud) ie maybe 3 minutes or more. Some people were in great distress.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then you were lucky, and probably one of the first to get up the stairs. Most of us were stuck on or near those stairs for what seemed liked a long time (a long time in a tear gas cloud) ie maybe 3 minutes or more. Some people were in great distress.
I was at the front of the upper tier in the middle…..most were visibly affected/distressed, streaming eyes, coughing, talk of burning throats at least and a handful worse than that (at least one person was being sick).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Out of interest how many did this incident affect? I have heard stories from others who said it didn’t really have much impact on them.

Was there just a specific part of the away and which was affected/more affected than others.

A few were badly impacted. There were 4 at the bottom of the stairwell exiting the stadium who
having some kind of medical attention or other. As a swimmer, it seemed to me a bit like cold water shock, the shortness of breath causes panic, which then exacerbates the shortness of breath. A couple were in a particularly bad way.

It caused me to throw up. There was a handily discarded Pepsi carton which I emptied a pint of digested Mythos into before putting the lid back on. Sorry to whoever was on litter duty. I also heard someone say "Whatever you do, don't rub your eyes" right at the point I was rubbing my eyes. FFS.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Having the privalege of an annual trip to the CS room in the forces, the best remedy is COLD showers and fresh air preferably with a strong wind.

Do not rub your eyes or scratch your nuts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I cant speak for anybody else. All i can say was that in the lower tier, many had moved to the lower concourse to escape bottles being thrown. There were open barred gates on 3 sides (the stairs to pitch on the 4th). The tear gas was fired outside two of the barred gates and came in through them into that concourse where it was dense and thick.

Once outside in the seats i could still sense it but it was nowhere near as bad. I saw people on the upper tier (front) with faces covered. I know gas rises so not sure how strong it was up there
CS gas doesn't rise on its own, it isn't really a gas at all and is carried in a solvent. it needs the heat the canister gives it to disperse. Higher ground should be better, depending on wind/airflow. CS will fall to the ground eventually.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
CS gas doesn't rise on its own, it isn't really a gas at all and is carried in a solvent. it needs the heat the canister gives it to disperse. Higher ground should be better, depending on wind/airflow. CS will fall to the ground eventually.
Impressive. That explains why it sticks to clothes then

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did anybody get a nasty rash from the tear gas. Saw my daughter tonight for the first time since she got back and she has one on her leg, she thinks it was from her hat she was wearing which she used to breathe through and put it in her leg in the bus back where she has the rash now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
anybody else still suffering, my daughter still has a cough a week and a half later, might not be related but she's had no other cold symptoms, we wonder if it is connected with her childhood asthma. The rash on her leg has been confirmed by a dermatologist that it is defiantly a tear gas burn and can take a long time to clear up

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
anybody else still suffering, my daughter still has a cough a week and a half later, might not be related but she's had no other cold symptoms, we wonder if it is connected with her childhood asthma. The rash on her leg has been confirmed by a dermatologist that it is defiantly a tear gas burn and can take a long time to clear up
Very sorry to learn this, wishing a swift and full recovery from both ailments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here