Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sydney Thunder all out for 15

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
More than half of their runs coming from 10,11 and extras.

Jul 7, 2003
I had been watching this game but had to go out just as they started their inning. When I got back there was something else showing so i assumed that there had been some bad weather or that the sprinklers issue they had in the first innings had caused the early finish.

I quite enjoy watching the Big Bash and the commentary is a lot more relaxed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bollox….. I had them all out for 14 with Bet365

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm afraid further adding to my continuing bandwagon that ultimately the Australians just don't deserve cricket if they aren't going to take it seriously, and if need be it needs taking off them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Big Collapse

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Used to watch this a few years back when it was on Sky. Cricket was OK but the whole atmosphere and commentators really made it exciting. KFC catch and all that. When it went to BT I stopped. Is it on Sky again?

Jul 7, 2003
Used to watch this a few years back when it was on Sky. Cricket was OK but the whole atmosphere and commentators really made it exciting. KFC catch and all that. When it went to BT I stopped. Is it on Sky again?
Yes, been on Main Event and Cricket channels.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’ll find that’s changed. Almost no one in the stands for most games.

An Aussie cricket fan mate of mine said on our cricket whatsapp group:

“Cricket is dead in Australia. It’s depressing.

They’ve over sold it and micromanaged the fun out of it.

Most people can’t stand half the national team.

DJs are recruited to drown out the crowds with ear splitting music. Most Aussies realise how shit it is.”

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What is remarkable about this story is that the Thunder weren't even chasing a big total. If Adelaide had crashed 200 off their 20 then you might forgive Sydney throwing the bat at everything but they only needed 140 to win. Not only that, but it's not even a dead rubber - this was only the 2nd fixtures of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here