Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sussex Boys U14s

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
A fantastic achievement,👍👍 I was even a reserve for Sussex boys once... those were the days, all photos in sepia 🤦‍♂️

Me likewise, along with 2 other boys from Patcham School back in 1957 for Brighton Boys 11 year olds. Found the black & white photos the other day. Mind you the furthest we traveled was to Portsmouth & Hastings!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Me likewise, along with 2 other boys from Patcham School back in 1957 for Brighton Boys 11 year olds. Found the black & white photos the other day. Mind you the furthest we traveled was to Portsmouth & Hastings!
Well done! I played for Hove Grammar, late 60s. If I remember correctly my job was to mark Tony Towner when we played Stanmer (?)... exhausting 😂

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
On the off chance anyone recognises themselves the team photo, and the 3 Patcham School boys. The Patcham boys left to right Geoff (Jeff?) Humphries, me Derek Etherton and Nicky Shieldcamp. Had to do it - didn't I!

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Scan-001.jpg
    Scan-001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 31

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
On the off chance anyone recognises themselves the team photo, and the 3 Patcham School boys. The Patcham boys left to right Geoff (Jeff?) Humphries, me Derek Etherton and Nicky Shieldcamp. Had to do it - didn't I!
The teacher on the left looks like a young Tony Geerts. He was a pillar of local schoolboy football for many years.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The teacher on the left looks like a young Tony Geerts. He was a pillar of local schoolboy football for many years.
Ahha... I thought it was 👍. I played a few times for Brighton and Hove Boys when I was 12 (1966) and Mr Geerts was still the main man then - he clearly put a lot of personal time into boys football 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here