Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Surname change?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
There's a guy who used to race in Nascar who probably should have changed his name (first or last, just one of them at least): Richard Leroy Trickle. Better known as "Dick Trickle".

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I always thought this thread was triggered by the discussion on radio 5 about adding or changing names while an adult (which was triggered by, but not about, Lewis Hamilton). I didn't see anything sinister in the thread or in the initial comments. I still don't :shrug: :thumbsup:

The question for me is why did Mark Commode change his name so he sounds like a toilet?

And as Frank Skinner was heard to say "I've marked a few commodes in my time".

BTW I rumbled naughty old Mouldy's agenda in seconds.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Great, Great Grandfather surname Schnaubur came over from the Frankfurt area in 1878 his children all 8 born in London changed the surname to Shaw at the start of WW1, some were in Burma at the time (2 of the brothers) working for the British Government and their children went on to fight in Burma in the second war for the British, and my gran had to flee in the middle of the night as the Japanese advanced, leaving behind her younger brother who went on to gain several military honours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here