Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Stair lift company recommendations

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Long shot I know but NSC is such a hive of good information that it’s worth a try!

Anyone have any good experiences with Sussex based companies?

Thanks

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
my Mum had a stannah stairlift installed a month or so ago. they didn't seem the best option to me but she went ahead because they installed quickly. sadly she passed away at the weekend so now trying to deal with getting them back to remove it

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
We had a company called Dolphin fit our stairlift, been running for 4 years trouble free and serviced yearly. Not sure of cost as had it installed for wife through housing association.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
my Mum had a stannah stairlift installed a month or so ago. they didn't seem the best option to me but she went ahead because they installed quickly. sadly she passed away at the weekend so now trying to deal with getting them back to remove it
Sorry to hear

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't say I have any experience with this company, but I have been receiving mail shots from them for a few years. They are definitely a Sussex based company in Lewes.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
My mother has one from Multicare, though obviously a Lancashire branch. Whether their quality of service is uniform nationwide, I can't say, but she's had no problem with hers and the annual service was done efficiently.. I think hers was second hand and it cost £1,100 for a straight chairlift and £100 for the only annual service she has had so far.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can't say I have any experience with this company, but I have been receiving mail shots from them for a few years. They are definitely a Sussex based company in Lewes.
I bought my mother’s mobility scooter from them about a year ago.

Very big showroom - much bigger than any other I’d visited - friendly, knowledgeable staff, decent prices. I’ll be buying her a disability bed soon, and this is where I’ll buy it from. I see they sell stairlifts.

Note: there is no access to their site directly off the A27, despite my Sat nav telling me there was. You have to go past the prison, and wind your way over, including going under the A27 (through the narrowest, lowest opening in the world).

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I used Stannah to install a lift at my Grandma's house in January. Very good product and service, but expensive at 6K.

She had to go into a home a few months ago and Stannah came and removed the chair lift. They took it away for nothing, which was kind of them :-(

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We had Acorn install our mothers stairlift. It came with a free service after being installed for 1 year. We have so far decided against signing up to one of their maintenance plans. Towards the end of the 1st year, a ‘salesperson’ called in what would have been a scary and intimidating way, to discuss maintenance plans. The call would have frightened the life out of my mother, fortunately the call was intercepted by my sister.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks all :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here