Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I did wear green tights for a couple of years in my late teens :wink:

YEARS AGO, on the sites, someone explained how to keep warm. I couldn't afford Damarts at the time and my girlfriend did have a couple of pairs of green ribbed woollen tights, and that's as far as this story goes :wink:

I pinched my girlfriend's Pretty Polly tights when I lived in a caravan with no heating. They were better than long johns, as they had feet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lighter evenings so I can walk on the beach before shifts. Generally seeing more sun. Winter is not pleasant when you work nights.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Originally Posted by WATFORD zero
The bottom of the Garden, under the trees is a mass of snowdrops and tete a tete. I love this time of year, but there's some big bunches of variegated spikey leaves and I can't remember what they may be ?

I'm now waiting for the wood anemones and bluebells, but worried what those big bunches are, I'll report back

**** me. Are you Robin of Loxley, or the Sheriff of Nottingham? ???

Look out - rangale of deer incoming!

:wink:

Maybe he's Kipling?

They shut the road through the woods
Seventy years ago.
Weather and rain have undone it again,
And now you would never know
There was once a road through the woods
Before they planted the trees.
It is underneath the coppice and heath,
And the thin anemones.
Only the keeper sees
That, where the ring-dove broods,
And the badgers roll at ease,
There was once a road through the woods.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
“Yeah, Phil - snowed under here too. But email the figures over and I’ll try to get the quotes back to you this afternoon. Gonna have to run - Gav is after me on communicator.”

View attachment 145382

:lolol:

This is sadly quite true. I was recently having an 'extended lunch' with a hot date (The Times Monday sports pullout), when I received a call via the dreaded Teams. I'd been waiting nearly 10 minutes to be served by some distracted STRUMPET, who'd just spent a slab of my lunch hour serving a wobbly blue-rinse coffin-dodger with some green herbal tea (which - by the way - will shortly become ILLEGAL in pubs when I come to power).

Anyways, "Marquis" (I'm not joking) was advised I was otherwise engaged - it was ten past one FFS - and I would get back to him later. Possibly.

I've forgotten my point.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Phormium? A photo would be helpful.

No, these are bulbs that have come up in the last few weeks but aren't flowering yet, I really should know :shrug:

bulbs2.jpgbulbs3.jpg

And I'll be giving it this :facepalm: as soon as they do flower

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
No, these are bulbs that have come up in the last few weeks but aren't flowering yet, I really should know :shrug:

View attachment 145401View attachment 145402

Photos unfortunately not too helpful. They're not Phormiums! Ornamental grass - Miscanthus? Keep us all posted as they grow and perhaps post another photo in a week's time if no one gets it?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

View attachment 145401View attachment 145402

My next guess as they have variegation, is Crocus speciosus. If you had autmun flowering Crocusses, and they flowered last autumn, they won't flower this spring. They just send up leaves after they've flowered.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Any of you green fingers chaps give some advice please?

I had a Jalapeno plant last summer i was going to over winter. Completely forgot and just kept watering it (inside window sill warm room) . I now have loads of flowers and fruit already !

Is it likely to yield a good crop or are they going to be naff as not wintered correctly

Thanks

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My first proper guess is Chinadoxa luciliae, although they're not varieagated.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Woodlandbulbs/Chionodoxa/page/480538E3-6BA1-46CC-9C88-6AA7D848A51B

The moment I looked at your link, it dawned on me - Star of Bethlehem, Ornithogalum umbellatum. I have had some there for the last few years and have just read how they can take over so I'm guessing that I hadn't noticed the 'clumps' previous years but they are getting bigger year on year.

starofbeth.jpg

:thumbsup:

Apparently also known as dove's dung ???

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The moment I looked at your link, it dawned on me - Star of Bethlehem, Ornithogalum umbellatum. I have had some there for the last few years and have just read how they can take over so I'm guessing that I hadn't noticed the 'clumps' previous years but they are getting bigger year on year.

View attachment 145424

:thumbsup:

Apparently also known as dove's dung ???
Great. It seems we got there? Post a photo on here, if and when they flower.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Down to Sunny Bognor this morning to do some work for the Town Council - loads of crocus out as well as a few daffodils - hopefully Winter has packed its Bags...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports