Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] So, where did the Strongbow go?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nobody who chooses to drink Strongbow is allowed to criticise another cider or any alcoholic drink for that matter - are you 12 years old OP?

nothing wrong with strongbow dry or low carb ......the sweet stuff you can keep, great drink on a hot day.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
nothing wrong with strongbow dry or low carb ......the sweet stuff you can keep, great drink on a hot day.

100% disagree with you about Strongbow, it's awful. However i agree with you on the sweeter stuff, I an feel my teether furring over just thinking about it.

Personally I rue the demise of Dry Blackthorn.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
100% disagree with you about Strongbow, it's awful. However i agree with you on the sweeter stuff, I an feel my teether furring over just thinking about it.

Personally I rue the demise of Dry Blackthorn.

now that was a nice drop .....old rosie is ok , i don't mind strongbow dry with ice in the summer , we're all individuals after all.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I had Cider at the cricket yesterday - that was also Inchs- IMO much better than Strongbow - but of course it's all personal taste.

When the Amex first opened we had Kronenbourg Lager in the WSU - sadly long since gone.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Personally I think it's a disgrace that the club don't sell those old huge litre bottles of Woodpecker if only to teach one of the rites of passage to our teen fans. The one where you get invited to a mates house party loaded up with aforementioned cider and a six pack of Stallion super market lager. You triumphantly declare look at the volume but once dumped you embark on a hunt for the good stuff that the host and/or absent parents have hidden away! :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not really a cider fan - but was so hot yesterday didn’t fancy Guinness, and Harvey’s & Fosters are meh - so tried the cider. Really enjoyed it, not gassy or chemically - perfect on a hot day

Never heard of Inches before but did the job

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not really a cider fan - but was so hot yesterday didn’t fancy Guinness, and Harvey’s & Fosters are meh - so tried the cider. Really enjoyed it, not gassy or chemically - perfect on a hot day

Never heard of Inches before but did the job

I had a few Inches yesterday. :eek:

It was like Beelzebub's brassiere on the WSU concourse yesterday and Harvey's would have been a travesty so I got one in pre match. Stayed on it after the game for a couple of pints, partly due to the heat again but partly because the bloke in front of me in the queue who ordered a pint of Harvey's got half a pint of beer and a quarter of froth. He rightly asked for a top up, and got it, but I wasn't putting the bloke behind me through that again :lolol:

Very nice cider IMO, certainly way better than 'Bow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Enjoyed trying the away guest beer when they did it, shame they stopped doing it

That's because they couldn't then sell the leftovers to the next lot that turned up.

"Nice" idea but shit economics.

Besides, no one does Frosty Jack on tap for when Palace turn up (although the Reigate XIth Form element of the Always Ultras would probably prefer Prosecco).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here