Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] So what was this hanging unplugged on underside of my car?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Check rear lights work.
Could be brake sensor related.
Or parking sensor.

Stick your head under with a torch and see if there’s an obvious male connector it goes into, check other side too as if parking sensor or brake then other side is likely to have same which should give a clue to what it is.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Pop into the dealer you bought it from or if you aren’t that close , take a picture and send it to them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leave it plugged in and check everything. Unplug it again and see if anything no longer works.

It could also be a spare connection to an extra your car doesn’t have, but unlikely as it shouldn’t be hanging that far down. It also looks clean as though it has been connected

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Pop into the dealer you bought it from or if you aren’t that close , take a picture and send it to them.

Yes that's what I'm now planning to do. And thank you for everyone who has proffered sensible answers.

A little bit of Googling ( which is often easily misinterpreted) suggests it's a disconnected break wear sensor. However, what muddies the water is that the rear fog light is not working and the dashboard was not giving any warning about the sensor. Could be coincidence and bulb has simply gone.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
If it does nothing whether plugged in/unplugged, it could be the electrics for towing a trailer and providing power to the lights on the trailer.

A Fiesta seems an odd choice of towing vehicle, but would be able to tow a small trailer. If that’s the case, then the thing you’ve plugged it into is just the bit for keeping the cable from dangling down, as it was when you found it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How many accounts would you like to be wrong on? I clearly state it's a Fiesta and and therefore almost by default it's hardly a boast

:shootself many it seems, bit of fun from misreading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here